How to use my termies

kickingbird

Hey guys, im currently playing IW and so far have 2k points and thats about my average game size which I can field everything I want in but I want to re vamp my 1500 list to make it more competitive but yet fluffy. Ive decided to split my termie squad in to 2 units of 3 and was wondering the best way to equip them. Im thinking x2 meltas, chain fist, iocg, and heavy flamer so that they are fairly flexible. Or do people think I should make one squad anti tank/nasty things, with melta chain fist and one with flamer, heavy flamer, lightning claws and make them anti infantry, opnions/ideas, much appreciated.

Well, due to how wound allocation rules / shooting rules / close combat rules work, the best layout is either 2xcombi-weapon,1xh.flamer or 3xcombi-weapon.

they have 10ld so icon of chaos glory is unnecesary.

they are both small squads, so you can sacrafice them anyway/they might not survive until I1 so power fist type of weapon is hard to justify.

lighting claws are really only option if you use land rider as delivery mechanism.

Best anti tank is 3xcombi melta, flexible layout is 2xcombi plasma and heavy flamer. 3xCombi Plasma layout is proven to be invaluable in many of my games.

It would help to know what else you have in your army and what kinda style you play.

Personally, the last thing I want is a squad of termies in my face. I say you keep them as a 6 man squad and use them do bust open big armored point (tanks and dreads) and then they can help the rest of your infantry mop up the remaining opposition.

I think teleporting them in is the thing to do!

Archived