My new DIY chapter

Rognvaldr

• 5 months later...

hi all, well after a long break back at painting again. i decided on the red, and im happy with it.

first is an almost complete tactical squad. this is the level i want to paint them all to before i go back and do highlighting as im so slow and i want a playable painted army asap.

gallery_44330_3497_1179555.jpg

next is some more tacticals that are almost to the above level.

gallery_44330_3497_246331.jpg

next is my first dreadnaught ever! im quite happy with how he is turning out. still a WIP.

gallery_44330_3497_812229.jpg

last is my plastic chappy WIP. i know he looks alot like the metal chappy with jump pack, pose wise anyway, but i like 'em!

gallery_44330_3497_167081.jpg

anyway thx for looking!

Hey gang,

well im like 95% sure of what i want to name my chapter... "The Ironbloods"! Chapter motto would be something like "Blood for Iron, Iron for Blood" maybe. They are a codex chapter. Maybe Imperial Fists successors, or Raven Guard... doesnt realy matter i guess. The idea is they were made to guard an area where there are alot of forgeworlds, maybe even their home planet is one... like Vostroya area or something... so they do alot of urban/siege fighting. Just some loose theme ideas... i plan on feilding alot of dreads, probobly a master of the forge, but not strictly limited as they are "codex". if they have a forgeworld homeworld then they have access to alot of gear.

anywayy....ive been messing around trying to figure out what i want for my chapter symbol. i came up with all this, i know they are all very close, but im having trouble narrowing it down. Any that stand out specificly to you guys that would be good? I was going good untill i showed someone and they were like "beware of falling anvil?" and then i realized the blood drops look like "falling lines". Anyway... keep in mind the light grey is supposed to be metallic silver.

gallery_44330_3497_417359.jpg

Thx for lookin' what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks, well i after asking the friends i think im in agreement that the first one i made (top left corner) is the best one. Now my only problem is that im starting to feel like the having the blood drop in there is just too blood angel-y. I defiantly don't want them as blood angel successors. An older choice was to have a warhammer on a shield and name them the ironhammers or something close to that.. what do you guys think? Is the blood drop just too blood angely? got any ideas on how to show the blood aspect without a blood drop?

You could always reverse the blood drop, but then again with all the new Blood Angel stuff coming out there are plenty of options you have for conversions. I remember Midian's marines used the Dark Angel shoulders but still retained his own flavor.

Yeah im quite partial to the anvil myself. i found another guy whos's using the Iron Hammers name so i think ill stick with Ironbloods. I think what i will do is make the anvil red and the blood drop metallic. I think it makes it less blood angel-y just enough, plus its kinda like "iron-blood".

Well i was going to say i like the blue cos it goes against the grey and black really well, but i got to agree with some people that the red looks alot better and will really make your marines stand out. As a lot of people say these marines are nice, clean and crisp.

cant wait to see more going from the group shot.

I also have to agree that i think the top left hand corner symbol will look ace on the shoulder pads.

hiya, slowly picking away at my models here are a duo of powerfist tac sgt's that are just primary colored and washed.

gallery_44330_3497_823980.jpg

And here is a Dev sgt that ive just put togeather.

gallery_44330_3497_776678.jpg

Mostly ive been plugging away at putting models togeather. Here are some pics of stuff at various stages.

Magnitized Pred and Vindi

gallery_44330_3497_813391.jpg

Various infantry and a old speeder my buddy had that he gave me.

gallery_44330_3497_88216.jpg

And my 2 rhinos that will be my first foray into airbrushing(besides base coating). They already have a base coat of adeptus battlegrey.

gallery_44330_3497_220621.jpg

im also working on putting togeather an ironclad dread and a ven dread. man, having so many options for the ven dread is horrible for someone who is as bad at making decisions as me! they all look so awesome!!!

Archived