Anti Daemon House

Uprising

The story begans about 1 hour ago when i was ordering some things for my Word Bearers when my last idea was a DP and my mom(She the only 1 who has an ebay account) flip out on me. She says it will bring real life deamons or ghost into the house. THis was strange because is not a real religous person at all. :blink: Is she crazy. :blink: My opinion was it only a piece of metal and my dad was ok with it. Also i got 1 soul grinder(count as defiler), 10 csm and chaos spawns and she didn`t mind the soulgrinder. In my 2000 pts list i have 2 of them(1 is not the metal one on page 32) so what do i do? I play WBs and this is a big problem for me. Here my two ideas

*Make half my army into Alpha legion or night lord, so my DP is a hydra or the big bat thing for the Vampire count.

*Get a bird cage, some Warrior Priest and some other holy objects and lock the DP inside the cage. Only letting him out to play a game of Warhammer. This may work.

p.s-This has to be the weirdest topic i started ever

Not as weird as you would think...

I started collecting CSMs when I was about 15/16 and my dad, who is religious, was dead against it, saw the idea of 4 evil gods against an emperor-god of mankind as a form of idolotry. He saw it as a young mind being influenced by fiction whereas even at the young/dumb mid teens, I saw that it was fiction and nothing more.

I shouldn't worry too much, I can see how some people, even not religious buffs like my old man would see that but if you take some time to look around the house, i'm sure you could find some symbol or some sign, statue or something to show something negative or demonic in some period of history.

I got around it by pointing out to my dad that mum had a statue/book ends of cats... who were obviously worshipped by the Ancient Egyptians as gods and therefore explains their non-mention in the bible (due to the persecution of the jews, the priests removed all mention of them (wonder how the managed to survive the flood thing without getting on the Ark...?!)). When she pointed out that she didn't "pray to them or anything like that", my only response was that I had no intention of praying to a Great Unclean One or a Keeper of Secrets. This sort of nullified his arguements somewhat.

Parents can be funny about that, my mother was the one who had issue with a Bloodthirster once and she hasn't set foot in a church except for a wedding/christening/carol service/funeral in about 10 years. May seem harsh but explain to them that it's a hobby, not a lifestyle choice of demonic worship.

I could be wrong, but that could also be why GW put the silent "a" in their use of the word "daemons". To make a differntial between the occult and the hobby...

As par the topic of thse who are against it speaking of it as manipulative. I would like to share a little something. (I work with these sorts of people on a regular basis, and no not co-work, I work ~on~ them)

First there is a method to bypass the initial bias. You talk to them about the game. Let them know that you see it as just a game, but dont say you do. You have to >show< them you think that way. By letting them play, getting excited about rolling good and just having a good ole time. Then when they see it, just partake in simlar examples of biblical games using daemons. A popular one or two is out there, not sure whats popular in your area but around here its having bord games using christian signs and the steriotypical bad guy busting cards saying "daemon stole something and made you its scapegoat, lose one turn" sort of thing.

As they'll eventually get it - its a time consuming process as they have to feel safe the entirety of the session to really accept the idea you play with "evil" models. While in fact, all killing is an act of evil to (most deities) and the majority of many militries are made of religeous people. You can use example after example, and just tell them you want to play the other side just to represent them on the table. If you want to cut to the chase, its all about letting them know your level headded, and wouldnt dream of doing any such thing as worship a fake god made up 30 years ago.

As for the OP - your mother is perhaps referring to old india(i almost said indian, american here), idols that held evil spirits inside. To get around that you probly need to paint him bad (joking), no actually its a case of over sensitivity and perhaps trauma related. Superstition held in secret, only to explode after an event is normally trauma related where they are unsure with themselves in sharing their weakness until confronted with it. So in all respects it will take time, more time then the above paragraph mentions.

A cage wont help. Adding a false sense of security will only prolong the process, and allow it to worsen over time. It is also a case of their mindset. In her mind right now, if the "bad thing" is in her house she will be able to blame all bad events on it. Its irrational but its normal in cases like this. I would actually make her more aware of what kind of demon your getting, and read the books with her of the fiction involved.

The way to practice to help her remove her fear (if she is religeous) is to practice purity with the model during a session with your mother. This wil probly only have to be done once. (preferably before painting it, but after assembly), is to do some sort of religeous purity ritual. I am not experienced in this sort of session (where you have to remve the "threat") because I havent had to do religeous sessions all that much. Perhaps consult a local priest or otherwise important figure on how to perform a purity ritual on plastic and metal. She has to get back in the mindset that its just material, not a figure of fear.

Good luck.

That is really wierd. If you got a model of a dragon, would she think it would let a real live dragon into the house ?

My advice right now is to just go w/ a chaos lord/DA. Maybe get around to the DP again later after she realizes that it is just a game and they are just models.

Hehehe... I'm in a religious family (I'm pro towards it, not one of those black sheep in a family), but my mum understands it's just a game. Hell, the pastor from our church came over when I was having a battle, and I told him what 40k is in a nutshell, and while he doesn't really like it, he understands it's JUST A GAME ;)

LOL gotta love religion. My advice will be to convert the soul grinder into a deamon prince, my friend has done this as his Iron Warrior Deamon Prince. Failing this I would tell her that you will sell your soul to the Devil if she does not chill out and let you buy one:)

Chaos Lord Shamrockius-Thanks for the reply,

Corpse.-These tips may work for me.

chillin- 1 of my DP is a dragon

sonsoftaurus-most of my army is that

Artangel-my mom would kill me if i said that.

I think the only reason she probaly doesn`t want it is because i showed here this vid.

Waitaminute... Are you guys saying you DON'T worship daemons?! :cuss! You guys aren't real Chaos players...

;)

:lol: You almost got me to get the revered Exterminatussock from my hallowed quarters ;)

Your mom is right. About a week after I bought my great unclean one, a foul presence began to fester in the corner of my basement. At first I thought it was a mold problem or maybe an animal had died, creating a stench. A few weeks later I thought I saw movement down there and went down to investigate. The smell was overpowering at this point. I brought a flashlight down and turned on all the lights, and to my surprise, there in the corner of the basement sat a little greenish brown ball of fatty creature with eyes, a mouth, and two arms. It looked a lot like a nurgling. He spoke in a deep mesmerizing voice, and said that he had gifts from grandfather nurgle for me. Needless to say, I freaked out and ran back upstairs, locking the door behind me.

For about a week I questioned my sanity, but the smell from the basement was getting worse and my dog was afraid to even go near the basement door. I called the orkin man and told them I had a rat problem. They sent a man to my house, who went down into the basement yesterday, and hasn't returned. I didn't hear any screams after he went down but it has been two days with no signs of him. I guess I should call the police soon.

Anyhow, does anyone want to buy a chaos army, or trade?

Your mom is right. About a week after I bought my great unclean one, a foul presence began to fester in the corner of my basement. At first I thought it was a mold problem or maybe an animal had died, creating a stench. A few weeks later I thought I saw movement down there and went down to investigate. The smell was overpowering at this point. I brought a flashlight down and turned on all the lights, and to my surprise, there in the corner of the basement sat a little greenish brown ball of fatty creature with eyes, a mouth, and two arms. It looked a lot like a nurgling. He spoke in a deep mesmerizing voice, and said that he had gifts from grandfather nurgle for me. Needless to say, I freaked out and ran back upstairs, locking the door behind me.

For about a week I questioned my sanity, but the smell from the basement was getting worse and my dog was afraid to even go near the basement door. I called the orkin man and told them I had a rat problem. They sent a man to my house, who went down into the basement yesterday, and hasn't returned. I didn't hear any screams after he went down but it has been two days with no signs of him. I guess I should call the police soon.

I`ll buy the army, if your serious.(I doubt it) Remember soap is your friend agaisnt nurgle. :)

I don't need the army, but I'd LOVE the Nurgling. Check's in the mail.

Better give it other names (its for the best)

Just an example some around here have stopped saying missille launcher and call it Rockit launcher or instead of saying that they run they are falling over their guns (they seem to do better that way).

So for Winged Deamons you say stuff like Bats or Dinos you name it.

Your mom is right. About a week after I bought my great unclean one, a foul presence began to fester in the corner of my basement. At first I thought it was a mold problem or maybe an animal had died, creating a stench. A few weeks later I thought I saw movement down there and went down to investigate. The smell was overpowering at this point. I brought a flashlight down and turned on all the lights,

Simular thing happened to me, but it turned out to be a pair of my underware I had worn to fight practice .

I`ll buy the army, if your serious.(I doubt it) Remember soap is your friend agaisnt nurgle. :lol:

Yes, I am dead serious, you can tell from the non-fiction nature of my post. :D

My chaos has a history that is very abhorrid. If we're getting crazy here, I'll share a true story.

I rolled 17 6's in a row for my chaos, then a few weeks later on the 17th I got a new necron model(pewter one) and used ork bits, gave him a Kai Gun for 3rd edition, and bionics of course. Very first game he rolled his bionics save twice in a row then failed last man standing and ran off the table, being a champion then, I made him a lieutennant and every game I use him in I roll horrible but I still win.

I havent used him in over 3 years.

You know I am Christian, my parents are Christian, my sister is Christian, my Grandparents are Christian, my Cousins are Christian and my Aunts and Uncles are Christian, and yet I have collected various Chaos armies for the past 6 years with not one word from any of them. Then again we are Anglican, Church of England, so we are a liberal bunch.

I might be able to help more if I knew her actuall religion/beliefs. An idea is that you take her out to eat somplace that is relaxaxing and discuss it with her and remember to stay very calm even if she doesn't also even if she screams at the top of her lungs don't interupt her your argument needs to come from a place of cold logic. Although you need to let her feel she is being heard on this subject and things like cutting her off mid sentence because you think you know where it is going will only make your mother not listen to another opinion just like it does anyone. Also don't get your family to help you it should stay between you and her so neither can feel ganged up on.

This is my thoughts anyway and just for reference Less than a year ago i was still a christian fundamentalist, then studied Catholicism, so like i said the more info the better the idea I'll have even if its not Christian.

Good Luck

I just cried a little watchin that video,but back on topic just go with most people are sayin and explain the game to her and that it's just a model.BTW just wondering why field a DP in your CSM army I've done it before and after trial and error I stick with 2 lords/sorcs.

Archived