My Ultramarines

Thantoes

so he completes the whole 2nd co.. whats next on your to-do list?

Not sure to be honest. Focusing on no-GW stuff at the moment but maybe do some more on my Deathwing in prep for new DA codex sometime this year (I hope)

That crozius is the ASM power axe with a banner top, right? Love the model.

Almost, its one of the Black Templar weapons with the chains wrapped around his hand. But spot on with the banner top :tu:

note to self, dont jump into a minefield :P,

you gunna call him lefty?

I'd call him, stumpy, personally. :P

Great model btw, Thantoes.

I think I will call him Bob.... :)

And for those of you who dont get it I shall share.

What do you call a man with no legs and no arms floating in the ocean........Bob :)

Way back in the dawn of time I kitbashed an Ultramarine Captain with Lightning Claws. I loved how he turned out but I was never happy with his claws as I was forced to use ones from the Assault Terminator kit.

You can see it on the very first entry of this thread.

As you can see they are very disproportionate to his body. Far far to big and ungainly. Its played on my mind loe these many years and finally I decided to do something about it. I decided to get rid of the claws and give him the tried and true Storm Shield and relic blade combination. But what to use?

I eventually went with a Chaos Knight shield with the chaos icons filed off which made a good base for the shield.

gallery_33964_4502_7071.jpg

His relic blade gave me more of an issue. I wanted it to look roman-esque but didnt want to use a spear. I eventually decided I wanted a gladius type blade. However there are no such weapons avaliable which sent me to the bits box for some inspiration.

I eventually used a fairly standard power sword arm with the blade cut off while still keeping the skull attached. I then cut down a high elf prince sword and cut a deep groove down the middle of the skull which I slotted the blade. I then shaved the power conduit off the old blade and attached it to the new one. The result....... well pretty damn awesome truth be told. Granted its longer than a real gladius would be but then its a relic blade that grants +2 strength so would need to be a bit bigger.

gallery_33964_4502_25979.jpg

And there we have it. A simple arm swap breaths new life into an old model. I now cant wait to send him back onto the battlefield.

• 3 weeks later...
Very impressive army!

Two questions. Where did you get the Chaplain's head, and where did you get the Captain's right laurel shoulder pad.

The helmet is a shaved down warriors of chaos helm with a dire avengers crest on it.

The shoulder pad is a metal one I got off ebay years ago. No idea where it came from origionally.

Archived