Enter Gungnir!

I like the Rackham helmets (i presume) but they somehow doesn't feel spacewolfy, but everything else is insanely good.

I'll agree with what has been said, as i can't really contribute with much more.

:Edit: had to re-formulate myself.

Can you PM me about the parts for the termies? I am doing a PH Alpha Legion army to be ready for the next campaign weekend. Both of my primarchs are done but nowhere near as good as your grey hunters!

The termie heads are from the Steam Knight set from Maxmini.

@Firenze - Termies bits

Head - Steam Knight set from Maxmini

Torso - Normal termy

Shoulder pads - oil drums (Tamiya jerry can set) cut in half and layered over normal termy pads

Legs - Three Space Marine shoudler pads cut to size and bent open a little to fit over normal termy legs

That's about it.

Mjol

Being Swedish with Viking blood I can't even begin to tell you how warm I get inside me when I see Space Wolves done this way, now these guys owns up to the whole "Viking" theme that the Space Wolves have!

They look absolutely brutal!

First off, I bow to your modeling skills. These termies are incredible creations and I think you have given them a menacing aura, that the rest of us would love to impart to our miniatures. I like the word "brutal", as they are every bit that.

Now, I do have a couple comments:

1. As much love as you have put into the models, it seems to me that just a little more love could be put into their painting. Don't get me wrong, they look really good, but they are a little two dimensional looking and I think with some highlights on the edges of the armor here and there, they'd really pop.

2. The mud on their boots. I think this is applied a little too heavily, given that they are standing on a solid field of snow (no mud present on their bases). I like to see dirt on people's figures as I'm not a "pristine" marine kind of guy. So the deep brown mud is a bit of a distraction to me.

All that said, I do think that they are brilliant figures and would be honored to play against them and with them.

This is an army to be proud of.

Cheers,

@Firenze - Termies bits

Torso - Normal termy

Shoulder pads - oil drums (Tamiya jerry can set) cut in half and layered over normal termy pads

Legs - Three Space Marine shoudler pads cut to size and bent open a little to fit over normal termy legs

That's about it.

Mjol

Thanks. My AL will look better now I know!

@Firenze - Termies bits

Torso - Normal termy

That's about it.

Mjol

Awesome, awesome stuff!

One quick question - what are you using to make the 'raised collar' on the Terminator models?

Thanks!

Thanks for that!

I am working on some Pre-Heresy Terminators myself, and have a few of the Tamiya barrel/drum kits - good to know that they bits I'm after are already in house!

Archived