Does this seem ok?

Drac0

Greeting to all, I've recently completed the deal of the Decade by trading Orcs and Goblins, which I was sick off and rarely used, for more or less 3k points of Chaos Space marines, which are the following:

20 Bezerkers + 2 champions with PF

16 Thousand sons + 2 Aspiring sorcerers

2 boxes of chaos warriors

3 Obliterators

3 Chaos Spawns

8 Terminators

5 Havocks

5 Bikes

4 rhinos

1 Defiler

1 Vindicator

1 Land Raider

1 Tzeench Daemon Prince

1 Sorcerer

1 Typhus

(and S :D lots of bitz)

I had my first game last Saturday with a list made by a friend and I beat the Deathwind 9KP to 3.

But now that I'm working on my own list I've also started to think about the fluff surrounding my army. I really liked the idea of centering it on the fallen, but that would make it kinda hard to explain the gods worshiping troops (bezerkers and 1k sons) I don't really like the though of saying that the band joined the fallen because they were stronger.

Instead I was thinking of representing the abilities of these units with home made fluff, for example the bezerkers could be the fallen's former veteran squad the thousand sons would represent the fallen librarians which joined in squads rather than remaining HQ's, hence being able to paint them blue.

The color scheme I plan on using is the dark angels pre-heresy one (Black armour with dark angel green highlights) at least the "regular" chaos marines will have this scheme.

This said I was wondering what you guys think of this idea. Does it seem ok, or is it too farfetched?

the thousand sons would represent the fallen librarians which joined in squads rather than remaining HQ's, hence being able to paint them blue.

"Squads" of Librarians. there are only a few libbies in a whole chapters and the fallen are a few stragglers from a company or two. where do you think "squads" of libbies would come from ?? I don't know that there would be any fallen libbies much lesss squads of them grouped together.

Don't get me wrong, it's your army, you can put anything you want in it, but fluffwize, squads of fallen librarians....just not possible.

I'd go with something like fallen sternguard with their special ammo or something like that.

Graet deal on the army !

the thousand sons would represent the fallen librarians which joined in squads rather than remaining HQ's, hence being able to paint them blue.

"Squads" of Librarians. there are only a few libbies in a whole chapters and the fallen are a few stragglers from a company or two. where do you think "squads" of libbies would come from ?? I don't know that there would be any fallen libbies much lesss squads of them grouped together.

Don't get me wrong, it's your army, you can put anything you want in it, but fluffwize, squads of fallen librarians....just not possible.

I'd go with something like fallen sternguard with their special ammo or something like that.

Graet deal on the army !

just some random crazy idea I had under the influence of alcohol (it happens more often than I would have thought xD)

I know there are few librarians, but has apart from the thousand sons no other legion has librarians, so if they weren't offered to the chaos gods as sacrifice by their brethren, they had to go somewhere, why not massing them all up in 2 squads (using the thousand sons rules)?

At the time it seemed crazy enough to work to work. :P

Firstly, the four big "god worshipping" legions are broken in some way or another where large companies split from the main body (or in the case of worldeaters, the entire legion), so finding random or rogue units of "mercenaries" here and there are not odd to find.

Death guard easily infect newcomers with their plagues, zerks can be reproduced even fabius knows how, thousand sons require a TS legion sorcerer to use "materials" to call souls back to specially made armor and repossess their fallen rubric marines, and finally noise marines can be copied, cloned etc, fabius does that too... (Im sure many other apothecaries in chaos do as well)

These special legion troops can be called upon easily when a price is granted. You dont care about artefacts, well a TS sorcerer will easily do things for it. As a zerk band would easily say, you can just promise them a knock with an ancient enemy or two to obtain khornes favor as well as lots of blood to be spilt.

As for your fallen, they can run any way you want. Just remember obliterators are like god-cult units, they have their own home and purpose. To machines rather then a god specificlly.

Keep choppin'

I know there are few librarians, but has apart from the thousand sons no other legion has librarians, so if they weren't offered to the chaos gods as sacrifice by their brethren, they had to go somewhere, why not massing them all up in 2 squads (using the thousand sons rules)?

You must be thinking of Chaplins, all the chaos legions ('cept WE) would have librarians, their just called sorc's now.

also, why would chaos legions give all their libbies to some roaming renegades ? It just doesn't make sense at any level.

Humm...I must have mistaken them with chaplains then.

Still I would like the idea to focus on not worshiping any particular god. That's why I'm trying to come up with explanations for the use of each dedicated unit.

I'm trying to get hold of a Chypher model to use as commander of the force, somethings in the lines of:

"We're tired of being hunted by the Dark Angels lets give them hell"

Originally the fallen lead by Cypher tally behind his hidden goal, which some say is to kill the emperor in a special way to ressurect him again. All word of mouth and ancient fluff GW may no longer support, as they no longer support rules for cypher either.

Damm, those GW fluff swings -.-'

I guess I'll just go for a legion with warriors as fallen and the rest as squads that joined in to please their gods, Bezerkers to gather skulls and stuff like that, pretty much a Black legion though...

Archived