Demons Demons Demons

Corpse.

Not a topic about the rules in the codex (well maybe some, for modelling) but what for the imaginitive player who wants to use their own version of demons.... That could end up cheaper, if not 1/4th of what the original army would cost?

Im a sucker for old lore, skeletons made mobile by demonic helmets that curse a man to 'quicken' and rot fast. Leaving a pile of bones under a helmet that spark to life when night comes around (or someone wakes it). I love night wolves from certain lores, like nightmares made of shadow and fire with various cool bits. The furr acts like its in water floating up instead be being pulled down, shadow-smoke like. Stuff like the horrors that I invision, skulls with an an aura of deadly limbs surrounding it, chasing you down. Stuff like that perks my interest in daemons. Not the "Mutants" I see GW sell. Succubi with barbed whips and many clawed spine-quilled covered dragon-like greater daemons that bear no human resemblence at all. Imps scurrying around with stabby things and big fat grins on their faces, even after decapitation...

I want to do these things, and well....... It ends up cheaper... Much cheaper then a regular C:CD army. I aim to do lots of converting, and plenty has gone into it already, but when people see price tags in their mind I feel I may have done a bad thing. (I get imps and wolves from one box set for crying out loud - goblin wolf riders). Using the skulls on my horrors, and giving knight-helmets to the skeletons. (Imps and skeletons are nurgling bases basicly), wolves will be seekers of slaanesh. (I know, they wont be flesh hounds of khorne, they are actually going to enveloped in fire and hover slightly off the ground). With one herald, being the sorcerer that actually is their creator.. A dude that kills things and makes his own daemons. One daemon type for each entery, elite, HQ, troop, fast, heavy...

I looked around myself at what there is, and found that I'm not the only one doing this. I have seen people use model scorpions to represent their daemons, and regular defilers be their grinders (multi-using them for CSM)..

So here is my question after the introduction... If I put insane amounts of converting in my(cheap as hell) army, would it be accepted? I mean, I cant get the look I want from the metal models, and those are harder to cut up so....

I just cant see half breasted succubi and typical red demons with long craniums as heavy as their torso... Know what I mean? I'm more of a traditional demon loving type... =\

They're daemons, they can look like anything :)

People are always using other models with their daemon armies, that's one of the reasons the sales on daemon models is so low. Nothing to do with people not collecting the army, we just like to play with other models. So I say go for it, and show us some pics :)

not a single model in my army uses one of the base daemon models. I too had a specific theme I wanted to go for (madness) with my daemon army, and the GW daemons were just too D&D for my tastes.

your idea sounds awesome, id love to play against it. I also dont think it would actually take an insane amount of modeling to look good, WHFB kit bashing should take care of most of the ideas you have mentioned.

Cool cool. My ork rocketeers (rocket sled bikes and tripple rocket stormboyz with wazdakka-counts as, perhaps tankbustas+warpead) are being worked on currently too. I will dash tons of other ideas around before I go with any of them. Orks were higher on the list of to-do. (along with the other 214 models to convert, no joke...) So there will be time before it takes off. I'll see about pictures, right now I meddled with one of the wolves.

I used a pair of scything talon arms from the hormagaunt, made a 4 angled scorpion-like stinger with pincers (two talons facing eachother) cut down so that it looks smooth and non-niddy. Not sure what else I may add to the shadow-wolves... Any ideas what can go on the flanks of the wolves?

The skeleton (nurgling) bases will be prime, I reconsidered the imps... Too orky looking, to get a single face to look like I want, I would have to slice a bunch off and greenstuff the entire lower jaw. Will toss them in the grot pile, bah!

Any cool demons (non 40k) that would look good you guys think? And, which models would represent succubi the best... Preferably with even halves of the torso. (Respectfully, none of the demon'ettes)

for daemonetts/succubi, I might consider Dark elf (or any elf) models. I also find the WHFB vampire Counts range to be rich in daemonic conversion potential, and much of the Ogre Kingdoms line. (check out the Gnoblar's for better imp potential than goblins)

Archived