what were some of the great rivalries

Where'd you hear Salamanders and Death Guard? I don't think Mortarion and his Legion had any particular enemies or rivalries on the battlefield.

Maybe the rivallry was on what shade of green looks better. Putrid green or Snot green?

Anyway Mortarian and his legion were above petty rivallries and did not dislike any other legion in particular, His legion along with the white scars and sallies were quite neutral unril the heresy broke out

So Sum it up then this is what I know. these are pre heresy

Russ v Magnus (Russ hated sorcerors and magic especuially big one eyed mutant)

Russ v Lional (lional and Russ were at each others throats and fought each other atleast 2-3 times)

Konrad v Dorn (Dorn said something konrad did not like so he ripped Dorns chest open)

Pertubro v Dorn (pertubro was jealous he could not build sand castles as well as Dorn, Horus fuelled this)

Alphurios v guillaman (he wanted to prove he was the better tactiction)

Lorgar v guillaman (he hated that the Emp did not want to be worshipped and told Lorgar to be more like Guillaman)

Corax V Horus (he took away his legion as horus annoyed him)

The Legions were all in competition with each other but the above were the main issues with Primarchs.

Post heresy ones would include

BA hating black legion cos they killed Sanguinious

Imp fists hating IW cos they got beats from then in the iron cage

Ultra hating emp children cos fulgrim killed guilaman

IH hating emp children cos Fulgrim killed Ferrus Shiny hands mannus

SW hating 1000 and still wanting to punch up the DA

The IH blaming the sallies and raven gaurd for not pressing the attack at istavann

The IH hate deathgaurd, corruption of flesh etc

Konrad v Dorn (Dorn said something konrad did not like so he ripped Dorns chest open)

Technically the other way around at the beginning bit. Dorn heard that Curze had visions of the Emperor killing him, and Dorn didn't like that, so he confronted Curze. He then learned that you don't take someone on in a fistfight if that person has single-handedly taken down criminal empires using only his bare hands.

Dorn was too self-righteous for his own good, and paid the price. Plus, in the end, Curze was right! And thats yet another reason I love Night Haunter, he was the only thing Dorn was afraid of.

Have you got the BA/WE rivalry pre-heresy? Each trying to outdo the other with regards to assault victories? Note - teh BA never made as much of a mess of it as the WE did, we only killed the ones we needed to kill.

Beef, if you are considering post heresy rivalries then dont forget BA vs EC. I dont remeber when or where it exactly occurred as I dont have the fluff close by but the Emperors Children gravely violated some Blood Angels they once captured. I doubt that would be taken lightly by the chapter.

Chief Librarian Benarius you are correct the EC did violatesome BA they once captured. I do remember that, It was post heresy. Although how exactly the BA were violated by hedonistic Slaaneshi worshipers is best not imagined :)

As for the BA and WE yes there was rivalry but it was friendly. The legions did not dislike each other.

Also Lord_Caerolion is correct it was Night hunter that said something that Dorn did not like, Sorry I wrote this quickly from memory and I only profess to be a SW fluff expert.

BL hate BA's more then any other chapter. And the felling is mutal, you know, something about Horus killing their Primarch ??

Their blood feud has gone on for 10, 000 yrs.

Technically the other way around at the beginning bit. Dorn heard that Curze had visions of the Emperor killing him, and Dorn didn't like that, so he confronted Curze. He then learned that you don't take someone on in a fistfight if that person has single-handedly taken down criminal empires using only his bare hands.

Dorn was too self-righteous for his own good, and paid the price. Plus, in the end, Curze was right! And thats yet another reason I love Night Haunter, he was the only thing Dorn was afraid of.

Except, Dorn didn't go there ready for a fight. So if your heroes generally beat up unarmed opponents.....

No, Dorn probably went in ranting about being a traitor, and "how could you think that", and so on. Plus, if it's a vision, Curze can't really help what he sees. Yes, Night Haunter snapped, and attacked, but it's pretty understandable when you know what he was going through.

Batman had the usual visions of the darkest possible outcome for the future, in this case astartes killing astartes and a bright lance piercing his homeworld.. He told this vision to his confident within the primarch brotherhood: Fulgrim. Fulgrim troubled by this, told this to Dorn. Dorn enrage by this heresy count fronted Konrad. Some stuff happened, dorn punched Night Haunter and lost. A admistratum guy described the seen when they were found as a palid gargoyle over dorn. with great chunks of flesh rip out from him. Konrad was sent to his room by the other primarchs. Next thing you know all of Batman's body guard were killed and Night haunter had left with his ships. It is unknown if Konrad killed his bodyguards or if it was an assassin sent by the emperor because Konrad had served his purpose and there was no more need for him.( Lords of Night)

Next thing you know Night Haunter blew up his world thus doing part of his vision. The other primarch that gave chase arrive only to see the world exploded. Night haunter start going more and more on an indiscriminate crusade of violence. Going to be recalled by the big E.. But horus just started the heresy so there sent to the drop site massacre.

That the most complete description i can give on the Dorn vs Night Haunter/ Konrad Curze/ Batman/ Rorschach so the score dorn 0 Konrad 1

Archived