Space Marine Captain Eastwood

Hobbes

gallery_5276_941_4554.jpg

I started working on this guy the other day for fun. The running joke is he looks like Clint Eastwood: "Maybe my chainsword works, maybe it doesn't. Who wants to find out..." The idea is he's a successor of Captain Ardias of the Ultramarines Third Company (Hence the III on his shoulder). He is by no means finished. Right now I'm mostly just blocking in main colors to see how they relate. He sort of looks like a Crimson Fist, but that will change soon... (I think an Ultra without the color white will look Killer!~) He will end up with banner, tentatively planned to have gold laurels over a red background. The back of the cape I want to do with some sort of Tyranid imagery...... (3rd company is Tyranid Hunters)

gallery_5276_941_62676.jpg

C&C Appreciated, keep in mind most colors are slapped on to check for placement. The belt might go blue... But methinks I'll work on the cape filigree next cause that's the fun part. Then come back and fill in details later (Like the Krak Grenade Designation, Service Studs, & whatnot...)

Does anybody have a good Recipe / Reference for Purple Blood? Tamiya's Transparents perhaps...

-Hobbes

"I know what you're thinking... (his hair's grey, he's old....) Well, let me tell you something punk. That pile of Carnifeces behind me thought the same thing..."

@ Marine : Thanks!

@ Mal : "I've killed planets with this chainsword, don't make me waste my time."

That looks very nice and you seem a very skilled painter. May I ask how you achieved such a crisp colour with his hair. Also, what legs did you use, and are you using some of the scouts accessories i.e meltabombs, rope on his waist or is it something different?

that's looking great. I like the idea and the paintings great so far. I can't believe that your claiming that you just threw some colours on quickly that's already as good as if not better than i can paint.

Also, what legs did you use, and are you using some of the scouts accessories i.e meltabombs, rope on his waist or is it something different?

The entire body (torso legs cloak) is from the master of the chapter: master of recruits model, with new arms and head.

Very nicely done Hobbes, love the skin tones and the hair.

It's just a bog standard metal model with some plastic arms. Master of Recruits to be exact. With a plastic Ultra shoulderpad. The Hazard stripes look better when viewed from an angle. (I think the Tyranid blood will mask the minor discrepencies in line width.) Just never seen good Purple blood before....

@ MCA : Hey Buddy! Long time.... Good to see you! :P

Yea? I blow a hole in your face and then I go in the house... and I sleep like a baby. You can count on that. We used to stack greenskins like you five feet high on Armageddon... use you for sandbags.

@ ID : The backdrop might just be a lawn for a reason... but that is by far the best quote ever!

@ Perry : Yeah I started him on Sunday, so it's slower than I had hoped. But I am taking my time on the cape. (Planning some sort of dead Tyranid imagery, right now I'm thinking a classic sword through carapace look...?) Most of the details have been flushed out, onto Purity Seals and then back to livening up that blue armor.

Part of me wants to paint a living carpet of Tyranids fading to the horizon on the back of his cape, with a motto underneath it as trim saying "A MOMENT OF LAXITY SPAWNS A LIFETIME OF HERESY" or some other such saying.... (Cause that's a lot to write in a folded space) BEHEMOTH (The hive fleet that attacked Ultramar?) or NO MERCY, NO RESPITE (sounds bada.) or ...

Suggestions...

Eastwood: You a chaos worshiper then?

Traitor marine: Man's got to do something for a livin'

Eastwood: Dying ain't much of a living, boy.

Actually, I think he looks more like Roy Scheider from Jaws.

"I think we're going to need a bigger Thunderhawk."

Archived