Combi-weapon Champs

Megalodon

I've been using combi-flamers on my champs for the last 5 games I've played. I've found them to be a great utility! 2 melta shots and a flamer template just prior to an assault really helps swing the fight in your favor!

Has any one been using combi-weapons on their champs?

Because I thought it was fluffy I gave my old Iron Warrior Champs combi-bolters to throw another round in shooting. Squad of 8 bolter csm backed up with heavy bolter and Champ included. lotsa shots=massacre...sometimes. Most folks waste points on champions because they can or want to eat up points. Yes, I concur that having 3 assault weapons to utilize in an aggressive action is bueno, muy bueno. Hope you also spent points on keeping that gilded warrior elite force safe to range of execution. Yes, that's right. Your minis will be strategically replaced in the carrying case, this is a given. Now the true query is thus:How much glory was accomplished? If your divine wind squad can eliminate more than they are worth, good show my good man. If not, well, I guess it is back to the sketch pad. Currently, I am guilty as charged of converting to BL cult and possessed. The must have for me is the PM champ with fist pointing :D

I run a havoc squad in a rhino.

-4xflamers

-1xcombi-flamer on the rhino

-1xcombi-flamer with the champ

Toasty! Against guard, orks, nids or anything else with a poor armor save, its awesome. Actually, not bad against power armor either.

Dont use them here either, not enough points for it indeed. But even if I had enough points I would probably change my list so I dont have enough point after that.

Combi-Melta and flamer always worked on my rhinos when I made use of them. Prime reason being that they tank shock where they want to go. Pushing models out of the way (and snuggling them together) then overshadow them with a teardrop.

Archived