The lure of the Dark Gods

Ok, so I originally was a Black Legion player but having made a World Eater list I am now not sure which legion to play as Khorne is very tempting :huh: ?

The ideal solution would be to have both, but I currently have the models and funds to collect just one of the legions.

So I just wanted to get all your opinions on which legion I should choose - Black Legion or World Eaters?

Cheers.

Black Legion (though i'm biassed - but than a lot of people tend to be on this forum)

You can integrate a LARGE Khorne option.

Heck you can keep them in World Eater colors and later on expand into 2 armies. Abaddon frequently is aided by troops and deserters from all the Legiosn and many warbands.

;) You also have nice fluff and the main baddie hero as your leader.

If you like Khorne you can also adjust your Black Legion force to lean heavily towards all things Khornate since individual BL Chaos Lords frequently implement their own 'methodology'.

The mighty Black Legion all the way :lol:

Yeah, just incorporate khorne marked chaos lord as an lieutenant to your Daemon prince, get one troop of 'zerkers and make one raptor/termie squad khornate. Use a balanced Black Legion army, with half of it Khornate, and half of it Legion. For example, don't use two troops of 'zerkers if you've only one Black Legion equivalent. There you got both.

Use a balanced Black Legion army, with half of it Khornate, and half of it Legion.

Thats exactly what I'm gonna go for. Here is my list and what it will look like:

HQ

Daemon Prince

- Wings

- Warptime

155 points

SUMMONED DAEMONS

Greater Daemon (Bloodthirster model)

100 points

ELITES

Chaos Terminators x4

- Terminator Champion with Lightning Claws

- Icon of Khorne

- Power Fist

- Combi-Melta

- Combi-Melta

- Combi-Melta

205 points

TROOPS

Chaos Space Marines x10

- Aspiring Champion with Bolt Pistol and Power Fist

- Icon of Chaos Glory

- Meltagun

- Meltagun

- Chaos Rhino

255 points

Chaos Space Marines x10

- Aspiring Champion with bolt pistol and Power Fist

- Icon of Chaos Glory

- Flamer

- Flamer

- Chaos Rhino

245 points

Khorne Berzerkers x8

- Skull Champion with bolt pistol and Power Fist

- Chaos Rhino

243 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

Chaos Defiler

- Heavy Flamer

- Close Combat Weapon

150 points

Chaos Defiler

- Heavy Flamer

- Close Combat Weapon

150 points

Total points = 1503

As previously stated the greater daemon i'm gonna get will be a bloodthirster so that it ties in with the khorne effect ;) I have also used a squad of zerkers and khornate termies!

List looks balanced. Don't forget when painting that nothing stops you painting berzerkers black or putting some black panelling on their armour to show them as allied with the BL.

how bout balance out your chaos glory squads by having one melta and maybe another because i know you have a power fist in each squad but if you come under fire from a tank and you only have flamers your toast until you manage to get up to it and even then there's a chance that your guys won't succeed just a suggestion but have an all rounder base of special weapons for your squads

Archived