Theories about the Empoer?

lee265

I think when they use the word clone-sons, its meant to represent some of the DNA used was his, along with a variety of other modifications meaning they weren't simply copies.

Some? All. Although they have been genetically engineered, they didn't start of as humans like the Space Marines.

No, true. So they used all of the emperor's DNA, but aren't clones, in that they're not copies of him.

my point about them not being clones is that he did more than just copy his DNA he changed it making them not clones but new form of being so in some ways son may be right but not clone. there differences werent because different horomonrs were added but the DNA was changed.

my point about them not being clones is that he did more than just copy his DNA he changed it making them not clones but new form of being so in some ways son may be right but not clone. there differences werent because different horomonrs were added but the DNA was changed.

I agree with this.

Each Primarch contains a fraction of the Emperors own personality and mannerism. They are clones manipulated to reflect a different facet of the Emperor. They aren't perfect clones but they are clones.

Doesn't the term clone imply it is perfect, in every way a reproduction of the parent DNA sample? I'd be interested to know how he manipulated the DNA.

Yes they were perfect replications of his DNA, making them clones. However after they were created their DNA was altered and shaped through further genetic tampering until they are the finished product you see. This makes them imperfect clones.

Doesn't the term clone imply it is perfect, in every way a reproduction of the parent DNA sample? I'd be interested to know how he manipulated the DNA.

Yes they were perfect replications of his DNA, making them clones. However after they were created their DNA was altered and shaped through further genetic tampering until they are the finished product you see. This makes them imperfect clones.

Ah right, yes makes sense, i was being a bit slow.

well what if another "missing primarch" or even good old sanguinius (dont know what happened to his body after horus struck him down) did become the emperor? Maybe the emperor went into the warp to reclaim horus' soul from being a play thing for the chaos gods. i still think in the end the emperor still loved his son and would try to save him.

Surely you cannot have a 'clone-son'. A 'son' is offspring. A 'clone' is a copy.

If the primarchs were clones, there would have been 21 Emperors. Or all the primarchs would be the same (and Magnus wouldn't have been red with one eye, for instance?).

I figure they are sons in the sense that they were created from part of the Emperor; in the same way that Space Marines are the 'sons' of their Primarch.

Surely you cannot have a 'clone-son'. A 'son' is offspring. A 'clone' is a copy.

If the primarchs were clones, there would have been 21 Emperors. Or all the primarchs would be the same (and Magnus wouldn't have been red with one eye, for instance?).

I figure they are sons in the sense that they were created from part of the Emperor; in the same way that Space Marines are the 'sons' of their Primarch.

I suppose you don't believe adopted children are can be sons or daughters then?

Not at all. Sorry: I was speaking in purely biological sense. I meant no offence to anyone, I hope none was taken.

Not at all. Sorry: I was speaking in purely biological sense. I meant no offence to anyone, I hope none was taken.

I was simply pointing out that son was referring to the emperors roll in their lives and his intent with them from the start. They were his "children" as much as any adopted child can be, and were that much closer to him because they were genetically identical at one point. No offense was taken.

I was simply pointing out that son was referring to the emperors roll in their lives and his intent with them from the start. They were his "children" as much as any adopted child can be, and were that much closer to him because they were genetically identical at one point. No offense was taken.

I'm glad no offence was taken; I was worried my post might be taken as a little insensitive, which was not at all my intent.

I suppose you are right. You could say a similar thing about the 'father and son/daughter' relationship between a priest and a member of their congregation.

I'm glad no offence was taken; I was worried my post might be taken as a little insensitive, which was not at all my intent.

I suppose you are right. You could say a similar thing about the 'father and son/daughter' relationship between a priest and a member of their congregation.

Indeed, its more or less the tone of how the word is used in this case.

The primarchs are the flesh of his flesh. Technically speaking they are the Emperor. Diluted and unbalanced to be sure. I think the whole "father/son" in this case is used to denote the relationship that the Emperor cultivated with the Primarchs when he found them.

As for how he manipulated the DNA, he made them Astartes. Horus had Larraman cells. Leman Russ had 2 hearts, one that beat and one with Lion El'Jonson's sword stuck in it. :) Also it's pretty clear that each Primarch reflected a distinct aspect of the Emperor more strongly than his "brothers." And I think that in each case this fit the Emperor's plan. Take Magnus. It's obvious that he had more psychic power than any of the known Primarchs. Why? Because he was supposed to sit on the Golden Throne at some point in the Emperor's planning.

Bob had some grand ideas. But the execution of those ideas.........eh, not so good.

The primarchs are the flesh of his flesh. Technically speaking they are the Emperor. Diluted and unbalanced to be sure. I think the whole "father/son" in this case is used to denote the relationship that the Emperor cultivated with the Primarchs when he found them.

As for how he manipulated the DNA, he made them Astartes. Horus had Larraman cells. Leman Russ had 2 hearts, one that beat and one with Lion El'Jonson's sword stuck in it. :D Also it's pretty clear that each Primarch reflected a distinct aspect of the Emperor more strongly than his "brothers." And I think that in each case this fit the Emperor's plan. Take Magnus. It's obvious that he had more psychic power than any of the known Primarchs. Why? Because he was supposed to sit on the Golden Throne at some point in the Emperor's planning.

Bob had some grand ideas. But the execution of those ideas.........eh, not so good.

He didn't make them astartes, they are primarchs i.e far and away better than astartes, astartes are modelled upon the primarchs but are able to be made en masse.

In False Gods, I remember an Apothecary understanding the physiology of a Primarch far less than he understood an Astartes because it was so different. Only the Emperor truely understands it.

believe it is important to have some bases in facts to support theories. However, due to the lack of detailed information and continuity of fluff it can be hard.

Mine goes like this. The Emperor watch the world before the great conflicts and how religion effected things. At this stage he could see many paths for the future to take. He attaempted to eradicate religion in order to redue the possiblility of repeating the same again. However, due to the fact that he is not quite human, he did not realise the need for humans to belive in something. Even though he tried to change it he could not. He also knew that there were entities out there that did not want the best for all. As the future can change The Emperor could only influence out comes, this culminated in his need to remove him self from the people; therefore, allowing them to belive in one 'God'. His intention was not to reain alive on the throne for as long as he has. As the Eldar have mentioned, there are body's, Grey men, that are capable of receiving the Emperors psychi. Unfortnatley for that person they lose themselves.

I think the eporer is still maniulating events to sustain the empire; however, as he can not directly influence events it has been in a steady decline.

It is possible that he is attempting to bring back the surviving primachs to sustain and possibly improve the Empire.

It is possible that the Emperor also convinced some of the so called traitor primachs to suport Horus so that He could have access to the Warp.

As for the Unknown Primarchs, Ace in the sleeve. Possible one is the Primach to the Blood Ravens

Archived