chaos turned loyalist

kalle

Are there any writings or fluff of any chaos army that turned loyalist ?

I mean if normal sm chapters can turn chaos why shouldn't chaos be able to turn loyalist ? I mean if you saw your commander give his life for a chaos god and you feel you get nothing in return then why not turn loyalist?

the only thing that i can come up with as a obstacle is that the current imperial forces probably never would accept a former chaos chapter as they'r allies ..

what do you think tho?

I think the general rule on this would be that once a chapter is ex-communicae then the inquisition would rather burn the damned lot of them that risk having them back into the imperium. You could be looking at something like the Soul Drinkers whereby they were turned ex-communicae by their dislike for the administratum and the beaurocracy of the imperium but still stayed devout to the Emperor. Having read these books, I liked this idea, stuck in the middle of a world of chaos, some mutated chapter brothers, but keeping the fine line between being seen as heretics with the mutations yet still holding the distaste for the warp gods.

It also gives you plenty of conversion options as you can find on here by putting in search words like "soul drinkers", sarpedon and the like...

I think once you go Chaos you cannot never go back. If you were able to I think most Marines would kill themselves after realizing what they had done or at least go on some final suicide mission into the heart of the eye of terror.

Fire Hawks were lost in the warp, and now assist as the Legion of the Damned.

Its debated if the thousand sons still adhere to the job of helping humanity, but hating the imperium.

The Raptors used to use weapons from the warp, its debated if they are assisted by a radical inquisitor or not.

The Cursed Foundings: Minotaurs; Black Dragons; Lamenters; Flame Falcons and the sons of antaeus are all excommunicate to some degree.

Its still debated if some of the Fallen Angels are repnting, mostly those who follow Cypher.

Lots of cases and borderline cases. Nothing solid however. Most that repent, do so under the "tender care" of a professional repentor surgeon... Awake through the whole procedure. At least until he repents, then he's dead.

I thought Cypher was no longer allowed in games.

At least that was one of the answers I got when I mentioned the idea of making a fallen army with Cypher as their leader...

Some of the chapters who sided with Huron Blackheart during the whole Badab uprising were allowed to redeem themselves by setting out on a crusade.

Also, there are the Soul Drinkers who were tainted by chaos unknowingly, but realized this before they fell completely to chaos. Although they were declared ex-communicate, they still fight for the Emperor, despite the Inquisition hunting them down.

Although some would argue the validity of the whole Soul Drinkers series... there are a bunch of holes in their plot such as the fact that they were supposedly a second founding chapter of the Imp. Fists, but as we know, there were only 2 second founding chapters that came from the Imp Fists (BT and Crimson fists)

The Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, and the Executioners, all found redeemable by the Inquisition. The probability is also that they did not turn to worship of the Chaos gods (at least not totally), just rebelled against the imperium.

That said however, the thing about the Imperium and 'crusades' (especially when paired with the word 'redemption') typically means that the poeple involved are not usually supposed to survive that crusade. Two things to consider in terms of how likely they are to survive in the long run: They almost certainly were decimated by the chapters sent to supress the rebellion. All three of those chapters were forced to surrender their homeworlds to those other chapers, meaning they are going to have a very hard time recruiting, even if enough of their gene-seed stock survives the crusades. Its pssible, after all, there are plenty of marine chapters that recruit from anywhere they please. It is probable that they will only be considered redeemed when every marine who was part of the rebellion is dead, and only more recent recruits remain.

Although some would argue the validity of the whole Soul Drinkers series... there are a bunch of holes in their plot such as the fact that they were supposedly a second founding chapter of the Imp. Fists, but as we know, there were only 2 second founding chapters that came from the Imp Fists (BT and Crimson fists)

As GW has proved in all the years since Rogue Trader and Realms of Chaos, the background is as changable as the Warp.

As stated above, those who truely follow the Ruinous Powers only repent once they have had some alone time with Inquisition. Then they are tied to a stake and set on fire with a Melta Gun.

The Badab War was not about Chaos, at least not to the other renegade chapters. The Lamenters, Executioners, and Mantis Warriors were simply defending an infringement on what they saw as the autonomy of the Adeptus Astartes by the Inquisition, they were not turning on the Imperium or the Emperor, just defending a fellow chapter from a body that they see as having no authority over them.

That's the only reason they were allowed back into the fold, had they turned to Chaos or even known that Huron fell to Chaos (although it's arguable when this even happened) they would not be accepted back. Furthermore, one doesn't just renounce Chaos, once the pact is made it's pretty much a done deal, you might regret what you did but there's really only one path to follow from then on out.

*grumbles about original reply timing out becuase of issues at home"

Inquisition vs. Astartes used to be a big issue over the autonomy of the legions. Bjorn Fellhanded and Logan Grimnar both at points threatened to leave the Imperium if the Inquisition pushed the issue over how closely they choose to follow the Codex Astartes or not. Logan Grimnar also considered (probably not TOO seriously) leaving after the 1st War of Armageddon, becuase of actions undertaken by the Inquisition in the aftermath of Angron's defeat.

I think once you go Chaos you cannot never go back. If you were able to I think most Marines would kill themselves after realizing what they had done or at least go on some final suicide mission into the heart of the eye of terror.

Yea. I agree. The marine that succumbs to what he has done, will try to make like a mission like in the ultramarine series. Where they go on a suicidal mission for honor. Something stupid :lol: lol

Are there any writings or fluff of any chaos army that turned loyalist ?

I mean if normal sm chapters can turn chaos why shouldn't chaos be able to turn loyalist ? I mean if you saw your commander give his life for a chaos god and you feel you get nothing in return then why not turn loyalist?

the only thing that i can come up with as a obstacle is that the current imperial forces probably never would accept a former chaos chapter as they'r allies ..

what do you think tho?

The imperium would never except the chaos legion turned loyalist because they would be too scared to let them in:p

Because of the "taint of Chaos Gods" is still with them, and the marines in the loyalist legion might be playing a trap like the Horus Heresy series XD

once you go Chaos there's no turning back. it's either the Imperium will destroy you, the Chaos Gods will torture your soul for eternity, or you'll end up committing suicide after realizing all the horrible things you've done.

the legion of the damned are the closest i can think of but then again they never really turned to Chaos in the first place.

The emperor is dead and the corpse that sits on the throne is a fraud. We, the forces of chaos, are the true loyalists, we defend humanity, because humanity is excess, it is hate, it is disease, it is change. To fight against those things is to deny your humanity. To worship a corpse kept alive by machines is not human, it is not loyal, it is not what the true living emperor would have wanted. The gods of chaos are more than just leaders of our forces, they are the embodiment of the only thing that seperates humans from necrons- human emotion.

Back on topic, the imperium would never ever take back a former renegade chapter, much less one that actually worshipped chaos. The potential for corruption is too high.

The reason they are not listed is because they were declared traitors and scrubbed from all Imperial records. Those listings of successor chapters in the space marine codex, who do you think made them? the imperium. :tu: thats my logic to it, and im sure thats ben counter's as well.

The emperor is dead and the corpse that sits on the throne is a fraud. We, the forces of chaos, are the true loyalists, we defend humanity, because humanity is excess, it is hate, it is disease, it is change. To fight against those things is to deny your humanity. To worship a corpse kept alive by machines is not human, it is not loyal, it is not what the true living emperor would have wanted. The gods of chaos are more than just leaders of our forces, they are the embodiment of the only thing that seperates humans from necrons- human emotion.

Back on topic, the imperium would never ever take back a former renegade chapter, much less one that actually worshipped chaos. The potential for corruption is too high.

I totally agree with you there :P

I think the hole once you go black you can't go back rule applies here.

Plus once you go chaos I'm sure you are having too much darn fun to have to turn back to rules and restrictions...

In fact you can relate worshiping the Emperor to worshiping Jesus.

Both are zombies and both have no been seen...

You can almost see them on milk cartons...

Do they still do that?

But no chaos is fun!!!!!!!!

I think the hole once you go black you can't go back rule applies here.

Plus once you go chaos I'm sure you are having too much darn fun to have to turn back to rules and restrictions...

In fact you can relate worshiping the Emperor to worshiping Jesus.

Both are zombies and both have no been seen...

You can almost see them on milk cartons...

Do they still do that?

But no chaos is fun!!!!!!!!

It is inappropriate to talk about real world religion on the forum. It's part of the rules.

Archived