Armor Tutorial

akaranseth

I bringing this topic up for one simple reason. I just rapidly painted a Valkyrie and wrote a step by step on my site for it. I know that a Valkyrie is not welcome here but since the techniques used can actually be applied on any vehicules, tanks or dreadnought I thought it was a good idea to let you know!

You can see the valkyrie and the tutorial on my site: [url="http://akaranseth.over-blog.com/article-30794761.html[/url]

edit: This post was initially posted in the thread concerning my Last Legionnaire Dreadnought until it was moved:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/akaranseth/dread_side_600.jpg

Great tutorial! :) Now I just have to get a new vehicle, will it be more difficult on black/dark colors? :( and by the way did you enter that dread in a GD, it looks familiar.

It would be the same with darker colors. The chipping effect will need to be a lighter color though and you'll have to chose lighter colors as well for the oil weathering.

The dreadnought won gold at Chicago last year.

• 2 weeks later...

"Now what is the purppose of the hairspray? Technically it is to protect the inital coat of paint. Technically now I could use a paint, a little rough, dipped in water to peel off the top layer only letting the bottom one showing. The problem is depending on how many layers that you applied on top it might be harder to do and require a little bit of alcool on your brush... and since I did that while working at the store... well I had no alcool handy. I would have mostly peeled off the paint along the edges or any other place where friction is most likely." --- didn't really understand this bit.

where can i get turbenthine? if i live in the UK

where can i get turbenthine? if i live in the UK

Most likely in any art craft store... If you want a big quantity hardware store will carry it too. Look for the odorless. Just as toxic though but at least you don't have the foul smell. But in the exemple you referred and I am talking about isopropylic alcool or rubbing alcool which you can find in any drugstore here and I supposed the same in UK.

I've never heard of turbenthine. I googled and the only references I could find to it are from your blog. Perhaps you mean turpentine?

I'm pretty sure it's a French-Canadian word, stemming from the French "térébenthine" which is, indeed, turpentine. Atleast, that's what I could get out of google, I don't speak French so it was rather difficult to work out. :mellow:

Archived