My Space Marine bunker in progress

Bennethon

Hey guys,

Recently I thought I'd try my hand at some terrain creation. I saw some tutorial videos on making a bunker, seemed simple enough, so I tried it out. So far I have the basic structure done, I still need to plaster the cracks and paint it.

But I have this nagging feeling that I made it too tall. It's 3" tall, which I thought would be good, but next to a model it kind of looks weird. What do you think?

gallery_44597_3578_507812.jpg

Should I try to take a little off the top? :angry:

I love homemade terrain, especially good one like this. The size is perfect. Bigger can be better as too many boards have a lack of LOS blocking terrain.

What is that piece that you are basing it on?

If you still have it, could you add the link to the tutorial?

Thanks.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys! I think I may just keep it as is. Angling the walls is a good idea though. If it wasn't already glued together, I might have done that. Maybe I'll try that for a future build.

I also plan to pretty it up with texture and bits around the base, and I think I am going to put barbed wire around the top of the roof.

Here's a link to the tutorial I found:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/blog/warhamme...-marine-bunker/

There is also a short video tut on youTube:

I made a few modifications to the tutorial though. On mine, there is a stairway leading to the roof, and I plan to add a top hatch for roof access. Stairs are hard to model!

Oh... and the base it's on is a simple 8X10 piece of masonite.

Looks good so far.

If you plan to put barbed wire on the roof, make sure you also make some way to get up there from the inside. Otherwise, there'd be no point to wiring off the roof! You might also consider some sandbag stacks up there.

Looks good so far.

If you plan to put barbed wire on the roof, make sure you also make some way to get up there from the inside. Otherwise, there'd be no point to wiring off the roof! You might also consider some sandbag stacks up there.

I did consider sandbags or a low wall around the roof, but I think the cover save they provide might be too much. I mean, why go into the bunker for a 3+ if you can just get a 4+ on the roof? I wanted to encourage using the bunker part.

But yes, I do plan to model a little hatch leading from inside the bunker to the roof, with a little ladder in the wall and everything.

Sorry about my previous post guys. I guess I was confused. I did some reading, and I guess my bunker would be treated like an armor 14 vehicle, not a 3+ cover save like I indicated earlier. Which makes it even better!

Archived