Why no Plasma cannons?

Michael31

Hi I have been wondering this for some thime why is it that chaos spacemarines have can not have Plasma cannons and multi-meltas this is really annoying because I love using Plasma cannons and multi-meltas on my dreadnoughts but I would love to my squads of chaos spacemarines and havocs plasma cannons and multi-melta especially in my nurgle army

The fluff reason is that man held plaz cannons and multimeltas were not invented until long after the heresy and the csm's tech pretty much stopped at the time of the heresy. But like slayer sz, it's to make s/m and csm armies different and for game ballance.

Its for game balance and to differentiate the two armies. But even for fluff thats a fairly week argument. Cant chaos marines just steal a plasma cannon from a dead loyalist, show their Dark Mech guys and ask em to make it lol. :D

this is what i always want to ask so much

how renegade marines lost the tech

they still have their techmarine with them, do they?

why the tech gone?

and i think they steal for the loyalist after battle

this is why chaos marines need to have two codex, onwe for renegades and one for legion

cheers :D

in the 3rd novel galaxy in flames emperor children dreadnought already equipped with assault cannon.

But dreadnought equipped is not man-portable. The firing mechanism is different, as well as the power supply. And we're talking about Plasma Cannons.

I do believe that during the Heresy there were very few prototypes of the man-portable hence the reason why you don't see any among the chaos ranks. (Although this doesn't explain why don't chaos marines just scavenge them from marines - I guess it would be to keep the C:CSM different from the C:SM)

Well, you could see it as that Plasmacannons, just like everything else the SM use, is DNA-coded to prevent the enemy from using it. Because of that Chaos can only salvage and use stuff that either A; they can make themselves and thus by-pass the DNA coding, or B; things that doesn't need DNA coding.

Of course you could argue that they should simply be able to use their Warp-spawned powers to trick it/defile it so they can use it but I suppose said defiling/bypassing just breaks the weapon down ^_^

TDA

well there has to be some difference between the choas codex and the vanilla codex :D

No counting - assault cannons, conversion beamers, land raider varients, land speeders, attack bikes, SANE dreads, venerable dreads, chappies, medics, command squads, razorbacks, scouts, thunder hammers, storm shields, whirlwinds, drop pods, sternguard, vanguard orbital bombardment

- Cult troops, obliterators, summond daemons, icons, reaper cannons, dirge castors, daemon weapons

My cynical view is that it is a great way of making chaos players invest in expensive oblit models if we want effective heavy weapons. After all GW is in business to make money

in the 3rd novel galaxy in flames emperor children dreadnought already equipped with assault cannon.
Remember who wrote it though, Counter has a long history of fluff-mangling and this is no different. :woot:

Our Dreads do have Multi-Meltas though.

well just think of it this way...if we were to have all that great tech that the marines have, then we would be essentially marines, only better...i remember in the previous chaos codex the word bearers could have chaos chaplains. and the iron warriors could have techmarines.

well just think of it this way...if we were to have all that great tech that the marines have, then we would be essentially marines, only better...i remember in the previous chaos codex the word bearers could have chaos chaplains. and the iron warriors could have techmarines.

What's wrong with that ? Marines have Inquisition support and their own tools.

Chaos should be better, and more expensive than loyalist anyway.

What's wrong with that ? Marines have Inquisition support and their own tools.

Chaos should be better, and more expensive than loyalist anyway.

This.

Honestly, it makes absolutely no sense that the 10,000 year old hard bitten survivors of constant war have less elite units than those just a fraction of their age. I mean really, a loyalist is considered a veteran after 300 years, chaos marines were still yelling "for the emperor!" when they were just 300 years old.

Archived