Sonic Blasters for Noise Marines

Been playing with Noise Marine loadouts.

Blastmaster is definitely a nice gun, and Doom Siren is also ridiculously good. But what about Sonic Blasters? They look good on paper (lots of shots at 24'', assault capability), but are they worth a massive point investment?

Come to think of it, what is the preferred role of Noise Marines anyway?

I think the best role for NM's is squads of 6 w/ SB's, hanging back at 24" just laying out dakka. But at 25 pts per they are very expensive. I think a good part of your battle plan and army has to be made around them for them to be really effective.

Vindicator, Defiler, Obliterators (Maybe a lash or two) and you have what synergy you can build along side the noise marines. Big blasts/mobility control (that means spreading them apart.keeping thim at bay with a few models in range) and eat up their troops getting as many 24" range models in range of a few of his, so that very little firepower gets spit back.

Having a little firepower spit at you is the same as being very durable.

you make a water warrior list just like GK . weaker hth , but better control[lash] better hvy support[oblits]. it works ok , when you make the list around using NM as a single or 2 squads compering to normal csm or zerkers/pms they just arent worth it.

What about a list like:

Sorcerer, lash

DP, wings, lash

8x NM /w Sonic blasters

8x NM /w Sonic blasters

10x CSM /w MoS, champ /w powersword, melta bombs - just for pure objective scoring and cheap CC punch.

Vindicator

2x Oblits

2x Oblits

I think that fits in around 1500, maybe a bit over. Its something akin to the build I was thinking of. Would it work?

I find it interesting that you question if sonic blasters are useful while thinking the BM is useful. The general concensus is its the other way round.

As for the list, yes it works technically. Is it good? I'm not sure. Since you are running 2 lash's i'd suggest a noise marine squad instead of the csm squad so you can take a doom siren though. If you've got lash get all the nasty templates you can.

Archived