How to kill ourselves?

No, I don't mean dropping right in front of a massive squad of firewarriors. (Dumbest thing I ever did...)

I've been PMing Antique_Nova the last couple of days and he asked me to make a daemon list to beat his to adress some of his weaknesses. But in the end I decided it might be better if I post a thread here asking you all how you would beat an opposing daemon army with yours.

Obviously there are some obvious things, like using bloodletters to kill plaguebearers etc, but I'm looking for more in-depth tactics. So get posting :lol:

i play csms but iv been told that the guo has 10 wounds im probly wrong but if im right use him

Uhh... GUOs have 5 wounds. Ku'gath has 6, and Scabeiathrax (Forge World Gargantuan Creature) has 10.

I would expect a pure Tzeentch list to rule the Daemon VS Daemon game with Slaanesh following closely. Tzeentch has the much feared firepower and Slaanesh has the speed and maneuverability. Khorne falls short because the Letters will never get to charge Netts and Crushers just cant hit anything. Similarily, Netts and Fiends will dice up Thirsters because of rending and the power-weapon is mostly wasted.

Nurgle, is slow (and purposeful) and in the face of an army that has access to breath, even pbs dont have the staying power to camp objectives.

In my local area there is another player that has a tallyman Nurgle force and i generally always wipe the floor with him whenever we had to play eachother.

The GUO can be safely ignored and the only thing remotely scary are his flying nurgle prince, but even winged nurgle DP cant do much against my list because KoS > Nurgle prince, and even more so when he gets shot by 7 bolts of tzeentch and 60 warpfires as he's flying across the board. Fiends also dice them up nicely, Typically I'll deal 3 wounds (or kill it outright) to the prince while it puts 1~2 wounds on my 6 fiends per turn of combat, then i bounce away and hit something else.

Breath of chaos is sensational in getting rid of plague bearers and my low model count means that the tally never really goes up even if he does manage to kill offf a unit or 2.

But i guess that's an unfair assessment, a slow durable army vesus a fast and hard hitting army whose primary attack negates their primary defense.

Daemons can't kill tanks, so Grinders work well. Fiends are always nice, Nurgle DPs mess up Daemonzilla, Horrors can put out lots of shots, Nurglings put out lots of attacks and don't die.

seconded on nuglings being good roadblock daemon units.

Kairos is really, really good versus daemons (well everything actually) as the 3+ rerollable save can just bounce almost everything.

Horrors and a bloodthirster with aforementioned Kairos are also really good. A rerollable 4+ is almost as good as a rerollable 3+, and the horrors can shoot while the bloodthirster can maim grinders and other units, wounding on a 2+ without needing poison.

Soulgrinders are really, really good versus most daemons. The expensive monstrous creatures (above bloodthirster) tend to deal with grinders pretty well, but with a cost of only 160 with phlem, grinders definately arnt bad even versus a pure daemonzilla list if you force the enemy to charge into cover.

erm i dont think there answering your thread or question yet....lol

for those of you who want to know what he is SPECIFICALLY asking you to do. its to beat this army list with another daemon list

( 2 hq units )

4x Herald of Tzeenech

4x chariot

4x breath of chaos or Bolt Of Tzeentch

4x mastery of sorcery

4x we are legion

30x bloodletter ( split into 3 squads of 10 each )

1x Chaos icon

1x Instrument of chaos

3x deamon prince

3x Mark Of Tzeentch

3x Bolt Of Tzeentch

3x deamonic gaze

3x breath of chaos

thanks

antique_nova

Archived