Night Lords and mutation

Hi again!

Being an Emperor's Children player, I recently decided to start an Undivided force... One of legions I really like are Night Lords... But, being a fluff player, I have one gripe with them: it is said that they have quite "pure" geneseed and are not very fond of mutations... Which is sad, as I really like to model mutations, it is the area where I am proud of my skills :lol:

So the question stands: Would it be fluffy to assume that some Night Lords decided that everything that causes fear is acceptable as long as they retain control over their body? Krieg Acerbus being a Daemon Prince as an example?

I'd well imagine some Nightlord warbands using possesseds as a part of their terror attacks. You could, for example, use two squads of possessed alongside your pure CSM. Totally acceptable, but for anyone else I don't suggest modelling mutations.

If you find possessed's rules sucking, make your own. I did so, and I'm allowed to use them, though only in our gaming group.

I just changed their table to d3, so that every cc ability is accompanied by some sort of speed boost/furious charge, added frags and two ccw's, gave 'em own icon bearer with cheaper icons, raised their ws and pts cost to 32. Also, I gave one an option to take Warpfire (Heavy Flamer) for 20pts, and I still consider changing it to Wind of Chaos. Not bad at all, compare to termies and consider they don't shoot (maybe) and still move at unpredictable speed. I've found too, that they can't take that much punishment, and every single one decreases cc capability dramatically.

My two kraks.

Archived