Red`s True-scale EC Warband

I`ve finally come to the point where a new army is needed. My orks are more or less done with only a few units needing some paint and I feel they are a big enough army at the moment.

When trying to decide on what my next army should be I made the following list:

- quality over quantity (as in model count, orks are quality!)

- conversion possibilities

- be able to ally with the orks in APO

- cool APO stuff

So without going into the nitty-gritty details I chose Emperor`s Children as:

- the model count is small hence opening up for true-scale

- slaanesh is a bit more different than the other gods conversion-wise compared to the orks

- they can ally with my orks

- they`ve got tons of cool stuff and that subjugator (sp?) looks rather spiffy!

Oh and before I forget. My main inspiration for this is Apologist, Synapse, Hortwerth and a few more I can`t remember right now.

Now here`s where I`m at right now:

Noise Champion w/doom siren, power weapon and bolter

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z199/tomkristianse/EC/noisechampion1-1.jpg

Sorcerer w/wings, lash of submission and force weapon

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z199/tomkristianse/EC/sorcerer1-1.jpg

Greater Daemon

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z199/tomkristianse/EC/greaterdaemon1-1.jpg

(she`s supposed to be small since she`s only the avatar of the daemon, you can only see a portion of the daemons tentacles here. The lightpole will be used for TLOS purposes. Oh and I wanted this model since I think it`s a super mini and I already had it in my collection!)

Early WiP of the first obliterator

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z199/tomkristianse/EC/obliterator1-1.jpg

So as you can see I`ve spread my work quite a bit but I had to before I started forgetting my good ideas (lol). I do want these guys to look a lot sleeker than normal, won`t be a lot of banding and such. Will be some spiky-ness, but I won`t overdo it.

talast,

Red

Totally, Depending on your painting prowess id envision a "Supernatural" peice with wings/tentacles painted as shadows behond the model lit by the street light. But thats my view......

That was a brilliant idea mate! I originally thought of writing up some fluff with a photoshopped pic hinting at the presence behind the avatar, your idea transfer that theme a lot better! I see the greater daemon as more of a medusa styled beast, don`t have a lot more than that per now but I will make the daemon itself at one point as well.

R

Yeh i thought so. Hope ive not hijacked your piece though!!!

But if youve seen "Supernatural" then youll know what im talking about.

Well if you can see the latest episode shown in the UK. The one where Dean tortures Alistair. Youll see two angels in the episode post death lying on concrete where lights shining show their "invisible" wings.

Where did you get the light post?

Thanks for the hint mate, I`ll see if I can find something :)

From one of the CoD scenery sprues, can`t remember which since I bought them all, lol! I took it since it kinda fitted with the theme I`m running on the bases and the height is more or less there.

R

+++Memoirs of =I= Abel`sen - Ordo Malleus+++

A recent event has inclined me to look into "The Epic Tale of Sankt Helena, the Axe Maiden".

I will not bore my eventual readers with the tedious nature of this work, I will instead focus on factual matters. First of all, Sankt is an old Low Gothic variant of Saint. The populace of Hel has several words in their vocabulary from those times that they still use (a digression I know). I will adress those as I go along.

Now Sankt Helena the Axe Maiden was an actual person, a charismatic leader and a fearsome fighter. Armed with the axe Wyrm (meaning roughly snake or serpent), she reaped a bloody toll with her fellow Axe Maidens against all threats against their society. As this dates Pre-Heresy, those threats where most likely very real and certainly great. That covers more or less the first half of this book, the details are not very interesting to be truthfull. The latter half is however. I`ve picked out elements from it that I thought most relevant.

...and so the day came when our peace was broken, a great beast awoke from the depths and shattered reality as we knew it...

This is clearly a daemon, most likely a greater daemon. Could be a cult summoning or a rent in the fabric of reality.

...and the great beast sent out it`s minions to harvest us all, lithe and swift, they killed and mained any in their path, howling for pleasure for each kill...

Followers of Slaanesh...

...as always the Axe Maidens with Helena at the forefront met this threat head on, but they where as a small stone against the tide and suffered horrendous losses...

Not totally ignorant, however it was futile..

...after fighting through impossible odds, droves of her Sister Maidens dying on the way, she finally faced the great beast. Deep under the surface an epic battle began...[text removed]...and as the beast thought Helena dead, it leaned in close, a move Helena took advantage of, as she with her dying breath drove Wyrm deep into the eye of the beast...[text removed]...at very same moment the beast died, it`s minions vanished and thus her quest was fulfilled...

How she managed this feat is beyond me, most likely her fellow Maidens shielded her from harm during their fight towards the daemon. Also the weapon Wyrm had to have some properties as it banished the daemon from this realm.

...as a final act of respect for Helena she was made Sankt and buried in the very same place she died. They renamed the planet Hel in honour for her sacrifice, as without it they would have all...

Quite tyical of the time to bury a "martyr" in the same place as he or she died. Most likely it must have worked as a type of ward against another incursion.

The following is an excerpt of a transmission sent on all channels without any cryptation and is why I took an interest in Sankt Helena.

...for days the ground trembled and cracked...fearfull that the sinners had turned the rightous wrath of the God-Emperor himself on us we trebled our devotions towards him...

...finally it all stopped, and from the epicentre of the quakes came Sankt Helena and Her Axe Maidens...we quickly understood that the God-Emperor had sent them to reap out the sinners...and so they did...lithe and swift they performed their duty for the God-Emperor...any that did not bow for Sankt Helena, did not survive...

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant the commoners are..This is not the rightous wrath of the God-Emperor but a sinister plot by the very same daemon Helena banished. Used as a puppet, an avatar of the daemon.

Not long after this message was sent we lost contact with Hel Segundos, indicating a full-scale daemonic incursion.

I have with my mandate added reinforcements to my own troops in the for of the Dark Angels 4th Company and we are now on our way at this very moment, determined to root out this evil for good!

Loosely based on the setting I use for the games we play in our gaming group. For those that have seen my Red Krumpany plog I refer in some of the fluff to the system. I will continue with it as it creates a nice background for it all and makes the games more enjoyable.

talast,

Red

Tired as hell so I`ll let the pics of the obliterator in progress do the "talking":

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z199/tomkristianse/EC/obliterator1-2.jpg

Left arm is powerfist and plasmacannon. Right arm are the remaining weapons in a generic big daemon infused gun. I will add a crotch gun as well for a laugh :D

R

I was really unhappy with the noise champ. Not only converting-wise but also the paint-scheme...so I tore him up and started from scratch again. I decided against the bare torso and arm, a bit to ambitious at this stage and that style is something I see for HQ choices and the like.

So..here`s where I`m at per now:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z199/tomkristianse/EC/noisechampion1-3.jpg

I will add rivets/bolts to the crotch and for the "skin" part of the speaker-face (which also needs more work) on the left leg. The speaker in the chest will be turned into a face, I`ll also add one more cable on each side of the lower part.

I`m working on a half-armoured face and the powersword arm as well but I haven`t done a lot on those yet.

I`m still wondering on what to do with the right leg as well as the doom siren, I will have to think a bit more on those but ideas are very welcome!

As far as paint-scheme goes I`ve found a middle-tone between pink and purple that I like. I will add some runes here as well, not so sure about the pink lightning and green flames.

talast,

Red

Archived