Im figuring out my Daemon Wishlist.

Corpse.

Ok just to summarise, Warseer.com doesnt have a good armylist plan section. And seeing they enforce armylist and army planning into their less travelled "roster" section I cant get much help there.

Im working on old daemons, played and enjoyed them for a little while until I figured out what I want. Cutting old ideas and just cutting it down to size. I'm vexed over the choice between several units. But first, the army plan, of course...

Bloodthirster (rarely used in my intended lists)

1-4 Heralds on Chariots, rage+fury making them 110 even each. (Mostly for the durability when they arrive)

I picked Bloodletters over Daemonettes, because the Fury given to BL's can hurt AV14's when they charge, while 'Nettes are limited to 12, and with Str5 AV11 with the abundant attacks of a BL squad can munch those (and most tanks in the game) up well. The other two troop scorer's were shied from because I want to run when they arrive. (You can run models after they deep strike, check the rules) so shooting isnt an option and the bog-down nurgles arent that killy or tank smashy.

I will have Nurgling bases in the form of 8 skeletons per base, all skull-less to represent their skulls were taken for the throne beforehand. Eight being the number of Khorne and all, making people happy theres plenty of material on the base so they wont gripe that I'm not using the pusslings made of pewter.

Elites, here is a problem... But first the Fast Attack:

I like the fast flesh hounds and I give one rending, using three small squads so I can offbalance the list's points spent so I can horde more into the initial first wave. (horde of wounds/models, I wont pay more then 25 pts per wound max) So these hounds work well when I want to slap a vehicle while my regular bloodletters focus on the troops and elites of the enemy. Even as a countermeasure to tie up the enemy if I roll a 1 or 2 on the initial wave using the other half.

With that explained, I am at a loss of either to use Fiends of Slaanesh (better then wolves, 2 wounds, more attacks, comes with rending, no furious charge though but they have frags), and Bloodcrushers of Khorne. Bloodcrushers are essentally terminators in durability. They are wholly capable in fact! They are also a part of the durable side of the army if hording bloodletters/hounds wont work. Though I can get superior "hounds" in the form of an elites choice, I would clear up my fast attack for the other anti tank daemons like Disks of Tzeentch and the like but I have rending everywhere already. (I play genestealer str5 rending, killing land raiders with them is a norm thing for me) So with all that, I am at a loss of BC's or SoS's. Help here?

The heavy support will be Daemon Princes. Along with the Chariots, Nurgling Bases, Seekers/Bloodcrushers they have a multi-wound basis that put blast weapons at a loss (nurglings get double wounds but are still multi-wound enough for me). I have the horde side which I will own no less then 100 bloodletters. I will put an icon in each wave for good measure.

Everything will be khornate looking, since I wont have any independant characters to join anything this wont be a problem. Anything and everything in the codex is open to me. So I don't care what you suggest, I can make it work model-wise!

So with:

Chariots; Bloodthirster

Bloodletters, Nurglings

Fiends(or)Bloodcrushers (I wont use both, this affects my FA choices in terms of role)

Flesh Hounds(or)A different unit, most likely Disks of Tzeentch - after proxy playtesting.

Prince's of any mark and make.

Average list will be 1750, I will buy the whol;e horde first of 95 bloodletters and 1 chariot, the chariot will be very different looking of course since I hate chariots. (It may be more daemon-prince looking)

Aside from the Elite/Fast Attack querries, what Daemon Princes do you prefer? I like them cheap, and I wont buy wings (I like the cheap cost).

Any other unit suggestions for roles needed, I will be >buying< the whole army in one go before the week is out, maybe later if I cant decide by then.

You're planning to use the one rending model in a unit of bloodletters are your anti-raider unit? I'm sorry but that just won't work. At all.

AV14 isn't going to worry about 3 S5 attacks that happen to have rending. In fact, unless you'd damaged it before, you can't kill it with those 3 attacks even with perfect dice rolls since the best you can get is a glance......

(I'ts gone midnight, I'll get to the rest of it tomorrow)

Yeah I know, but I dont intend on focusing on the raider often more towards the rear end of the game.

From memory its about 1% chance to immobilise a land raider with a glance, from auto-hitting, getting a 6, a 5or6 rend, then another 6.

Im not worried about point sink raiders when I have other prey I can eat up. Skimmers perhaps the bigger problem too, but thats why the daemon princes will have any mark/power at their disposal. To make up for it, the 1750 list is just the first batch until I get all the other models ready for use.

Land Raiders are not your friends, Fiends and BT are your best bet to bring it down.

95 Bloodletters is way, way, waaay too much. 30 is enough.

BT, lots of Fiends, Bletters and Nurglings, and DPs should do it. You will struggle against tanks, so I suggest Tzeentch Heralds in chariots or Tzeentch DPs.

I figured the versitile DP's could cover the holes, as opinions ring in things narrow down. Sold on the Fiends, speed+rending+two models in one (attacks and wounds-wise, smaller space then bloodcrushers for sake of sanity, faster)

The 95 Bloodletter list is a prelude to my apocalypse list, I just wanted to stock up on the bloodletters first and work from there onward.

New list, pending remake as usual:

20 Bloodletters, 1 Fury, 1 Icon = 355

20 Bloodletters, 1 Fury, 1 Icon = 355

3 Screamers = 48

3 Screamers = 48

6 Fiends, 1 Might = 190

6 Fiends, 1 Might = 190

6 Fiends = 180

2 Chariots of Khorne, Fury = 190

2 Chariots of Khorne, Fury = 190

=1746

Idea is that the screamers come in later with the chariots, the fiends and bloodletters are first wave, if the opposite happens the chariots tie down while the screamers hide way in the back waiting to strike later.

Total of 98 toughness 4 or toughness 5 wounds, some 4+ inv saves and some with 3+ armor saves (the more durable saves side being the opposite half)

Does the list seem good? I try not to bend over 20 pts per wound, keeping them cheap. (18 pts per wound)

You don't need Fury or Icons, so save yourself some points. Give the Kheralds Might and Blessing instead.

New list looks ok, still very light on anti-tank and rather slow, Tzeentch DPs or chariot Tzeralds would help a lot here.

I dunno, 18 fiends and 6 screamers isn't bad, and if he does add might to the chariots (which he should) they're hitting at S7 on the charge vs rear armour, that's pretty good. The problem with them of course would be catching the tanks, but with 4 four of them he can box them in and leave them with nowhere to run.

If the tanks sit still he should be ok, but hitting on 6's and needing 6's again to rend can be really bad, even for Fiends. A little shooting is insurance against that.

I am alright with genestealer horde armies, talons and toxin sacs on everything with some raveners set up to be like genestealers. They dont do too bad. The way I work with them is I work as a bulk force using the scout move, no outflank to get to him.

(Scout move 6", I can move and fleet like a hormagaunt, and a hormagaunt gets +6" charge distance, so effectively with scout or scuttle for tyranid, they are essentially hormagaunts) So I'm fine working with 70 some genestealers in a 2k force and winning even when two land raiders are present (they end up being the only models left on the table).

The icons help me place those fat based chariots down without scattering into a mishap. If you've seen those chariot bases they are literally 4 inches by 6 inches or so and placing that without touching terrain/mishapping near me while moving 6" (not cavalry) it ends up being a problem. A minor exterior cost that has multi-uses.

I may have to break down to get shooting but each list is a list I'll be using in the end, because I'm finishing the army in one sweep. Usually when I take time to buy everything and play games thinking "Oh that would be useful here" and really its not useful for more situations I may end up with lots of daemonettes with bloodletters and it would be redundant lol.

Fury is for the dreadnoughts I tend to face. I dont want to swarm around a dreadnought that my fiends cant get to. (I have faced the last nine games with my 10 bloodletters in melee with a walker, it NEVER fails!) So its an absolout must, I would buy one of each squad and use them in the same game with bloodletters, if that had to be the requirement to let me use fury in at least one bloodletter squad. (seriously, I lost three of those games because I didnt have it, and those dreads got to kill 3x their own worth in each of those games).

Archived