Lion Guard Icon Options

Hi all,

a while ago i posted a new sqd of Lion Guard (DW equivalent) for my Angels of the Lion army but hadn't come up with a shoulder icon to finish them off - here's where you come in! I wanted it to be different from the army icon (a winged lion bearing a sword) so proceeded to test the following options on my poor old test subjects:

gallery_5435_3014_413277.jpg

If you could let me know which options are more striking, fluffy, crap, awesome and your reasoning it would be much appreciated :P

Number 1,...but 4 is nice as well. Possibly reserve 1 for the command and banners, while leaving 4 for everything else.

Severus6

Number 4 is the design I like the best, but I have to say that if you mix 2 and 3 you could have a winner!

I agree with number 4 being too 3D to be an icon, what you can do is "flatten" number 2, as in, like the flat paw in number 3 and draw the blood drop on top of it.

Striking, easy to see and easy to freehand over and over again.

I would say 1 & (unlike most) 3

3 is simple in comparison to 1 but still looks awsome

1 is just insane in the incredible nature of its existance and i think a whole load of them would be fairly awe inspiring

alternatively you could mix it up a wee bit for variety having a central theme (lion) but individual heraldry (so some 1's some 2's and some 3's, for example)

Wow thanks for all the responses! I had originally mentioned that option 1 could be for sgt's but didn't want to bias the opinion poll - looks like it's the obvious solution anyway!

So far 4's in the lead, the single blood drop was meant to represent them being the 'first blood' or the blood of the lion etc etc.. I agree that 3 is a little too space puppy. My only fear with 4 was that it looked more tyranid than lion :cuss

i might work on some more variations based on the feedback but it seems like something resembling 2 & 4 will most likely be the end result (easy to replicate!)

Archived