Would the Black Legion also worship Malal?

Hi,

first off, sorry for my bad english, i am german :D

Anyways, a few weeks ago i wanted more and more to play an Chaos Army, (i've done this http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php...nt=warhammer40k and it also says i sould play chaos).

I wanted to play a Black Legion Army cause they are flexible, have Berserkers, Thousand Sons and other God specifed units together in one army, combined with this Black Legion colour sheme (for example these black/gold Berserkers with an red/gold head), but i wrothe the article of Horus at this lexicanum site and now i hate Abbaddon!

This nasty rat destroyed the laboratory of Fabius Gallus who wanted to clone Horus after his death, which means he betrayed the Betrayer T_T

Now i wanna make an Black Legion Army, also in this Black Legion Colour Sheme, but with black/white Skulls :D

But would it be possible that Thousand Sons, Berserkers, Noise Marines etc. and the Daemons of the Gods fight side on side in a Black Legion Army with an Chaos General who worship malal?

This Black Legion would be no normal Black Legion, so no servants of Abaddon.

The Black Legion (Son's of Horus at the time) didn't see destroying the body of Horus as betraying him b/c all the clones were coming out as horrible chaos spawn, so they saw that as a disgrace and disrespect to the warmaster, they saw it as abhorrent. They fought for, and destroyed the body so no one could ever do that to him again.

Fluffwize a chaos lord that worshipped malal could not command worshipers of other chaos gods b/c he would want to kill them all.

Oh yea, that too. neither reasons would stop you from using the black/white skull icon if you just like the looks of it (would be a real pain to paint on 50+ shoulder pads IMO)

hmm but if i would make a Sons of Malice Army, then it would also look crappy if i fill it with Berserkers, Thousand Sons, Deamons of the other Gods and the other Guys.

Well i have one Reason why i wanna make an Army with Malal in its Story, because i would sculp my Demon Prince into such which is verry different to the current daemon princes, with grey skin, an giant mouth and lots of teeth... a special daemon prince, but a Deamon Prince can only be chosen by the Gods or not?

@Drudge Dreadnought

yeah, but im referring the fluff

But better they worship an ugly chaos lump which might be horus clone as worshipping to Abaddon :P

Terminators have nice shoulder pads with skulls.

Also, there is at least 2 shoulder pads with skull inside chaos star - you just need to fill the star and paint it white/black and you're good to go.

Oh, before i forget - some loyalist torsos have skulls on their chests (some with imperial eagles - you just need to fill it).

Really, skulls are not that hard to (even without free hand stuff) (alternatively, you could use iron warrior skull, and paint it - i dont know, but it could work too).

Malal kind of exists in the form of the Sons of Malice but there are thousands of warp entities, so who knows.

As for being not on the Warmaster's side i really like your idea (I similary have written stories on BL's website about a chaos lord who fits perfectly into your BL army idea). Probably the main reason to betray Abaddon is just a desire to replace him.

Good luck anyway with you army.

technically there is no Malal

Technically Malal has been re-introduced in one of the short stories found in the BL book, Heroes of the Space Marines, as an mysterious daemon by the nmae of Malice.

technically there is no Malal

Technically Malal has been re-introduced in one of the short stories found in the BL book, Heroes of the Space Marines, as an mysterious daemon by the nmae of Malice.

yeah, he was but the marines were still marines just renegades at the time.

Malal's greatest trick was convincing people he didn't exist ;)

Mmm, Usual Suspects?

Anyway BoT, you could argue all day and night about whether or not Malal exists or not etc etc, but at the end of the day its Pitchworks army and if he can justify why he wants to build his army the way he describes it then why shouldn't he? It's not what I'd do, but I certainly wouldn't decry anyone else for wanting to do it, it's a pretty neat idea.

Archived