Chaos Special Weapons Help

I'm sorry that this a noob question, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it's something I've been wondering and I can't seem to find an answer to, and I don't want to screw up my remaining marines/purchases without being informed.

With the WYSIWYG rule, how is it people are getting something like 2 flamers per squad for Marines and Raptors? Maybe it's because I purchased my marines in 4th edition, but the only special weapons I have are heavy boltguns and plasma guns, and even then theyre limited to one per box.

For example, "up to two raptors can take the following: flamers, plasma guns, meltaguns". Seeing as how the metal models (unless they've changed them) come with exactly 5 assorted weapons, how do people get 2 squads with 2 flamers each? Are they buying like 4 boxes? I know you can buy terminators individually with the guns you want, but this option isn't available for other units.

Basically I'm unsure how people on here have all sorts of combinations of weapons when Im so restricted in the actual models for the weapons. Do some weapons officially count as other weapons? Like maybe a powerfist to lightning claws?

Also, Im thinking of getting the battleforce that has 15 CSM. What weapons do they come with (or is there a website that lists details)?

Buy multiple boxes, buy special weapons seperately, buy blisters (individual models) with special weapons. I'll give you a quick rundown on what comes with what.

5 man chaos marine box: No special weapons

10 man chaos marine box: 1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 plasma, 1 heavy bolter. 1 power sword, 1 power fist.

Berserkers: No special weapons.

Terminators (plastic): 1 reaper, 1 heavy flamer, 1 combi flamer, several combi meltas.

You can get some previous edition individual metal models (they don't look so good) with any special weapons.

You can get packs of x5 of any ranged special weapons from the bits section of GWs site(metal)

There are individual raptor special weapon blisters available in addition to what comes in the regular box.

Then there are various bits order sites and ebay auctions that will allow you to buy just the spec weapons you want.

Wow, thanks for the help. Because I have so many marines already, Im going to equip the new marines with all the special weapons that come in the box.

Ok, I just have a few very quick questions:

• The Big Fists can only be counted as Power Fists, not lightning claws right?
  • Do Plague Marines come with any special guns, and if not what should I save from my new CSM pack for them?
  • The 5 man raptor squads contain what looks to be 1 pair of lightning claws, 3 bolt pistols, and 1 melta gun. The melta gun model sold seperately is called an "assault gun". Does that mean it could be a flamer or a melta, because both fall under assault?

the 1 melta guy in the box should come with a flamer,plasma,and a melta.yes the powerfist is a powerfist but with minor conversion could be a lightnin claw.no PM don't come with anything special that I know of but they can take any of the special weapons.

There is currently no plastic chaos lightning claws for power armored models. There is a pair of chaos terminators claws in the terminator lord box, and there are loyalist terminator claws in the loyalist assault terminator box. I believe the plastic sm captain also comes with a single claw but not a pair.

I think plague marines come with a melta and plasma but i'm not sure, i converted mine from plastic (do this 10 guys + some greenstuff is cheaper than the metal box and potentially looks better).

Space marine veteran box (and individual blisters if you can find the right one) have metal power armor lightning claw arms.

Best way to get more special weapons/the right ones is bits trading with your friends.

You can convert bolters + plasma pistols to plasmaguns.

The termie lightning claws look fine on Power-armored models IMO if you just cut down the shoulderpads and put others on top. Example pic using loyalist plastic termie claws:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc97/jimebarr/IMG_3399.jpg

actually zerkers come with plasma pistols (2) but you have to somehow stick them into an arm with no hole and is holding a bolt pistol.

Its a very, very easy weapon swap. The plasma pistols have hands on the grips; you cut off the berserker's hand and glue on the new gun. Or, you can cut off just the bolt pistol and glue on a plasma pistol you cut the hand off of. The sculpting actually makes this the easier (and better looking) option, IMO.

Anyway to convert guns into meltas? It sounds like Plague marines should have 2 of them, and a 10 man CSM squad should have 2 of them as well, but seeing as how I bought all my models last edition, I dont have any.

Im going to get another battleforce for the marines and rhino, but that should only be 1. Id still need 3 more.

Anyway to convert guns into meltas? It sounds like Plague marines should have 2 of them, and a 10 man CSM squad should have 2 of them as well, but seeing as how I bought all my models last edition, I dont have any.

Im going to get another battleforce for the marines and rhino, but that should only be 1. Id still need 3 more.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1400031

Archived