Kit Bash, Glave of Chainsaw Death

Well I was digging around in my bits box and I came across a company champion torso, head, and legs along with spare chainswords and numerous arms. This is what came out of my efforts: A more heavily armed and armored Templar with a mean looking chain glave. I'll see if I can get him painted in a timely fashion (hopefully tomorrow).

Enjoy

gallery_40638_3097_176567.jpg

A better look at the "grieves" I modeled after the powerfist sternguard.

gallery_40638_3097_182757.jpg

I dig it, I love polearms for space marines. :woot:

A better look at the "grieves" I modeled after the powerfist sternguard.

Tassets. Greaves are for the lower legs.

Were those just clipped from termie legs? If so, how hard was it to cut them off without wrecking the bits?

Sorry i'm not up on my armor vocab :woot:.

But no, those weren't clipped from termie legs (who would waste perfectly good termy legs!). They are from the extra groin guard that comes with assault termies which i didn't use because i thought they looked silly.

Sorry i'm not up on my armor vocab ;).

You know, looking back at it, I might've come across as kind of a jerk in my prior post. Sorry about that. <_<

I only mentioned it because I read your post, and stared at the pic for a good five minutes, squinting, going, "they look like normal legs to me..."

But no, those weren't clipped from termie legs (who would waste perfectly good termy legs!). They are from the extra groin guard that comes with assault termies which i didn't use because i thought they looked silly.

Ah! Good to know (and I agree, groin guards look a bit silly on marines, especially since they already have armoured codpieces).

Archived