RC Baneblade

A friend of my told me I should get on here an show off my remote controled baneblade

that I'm building so here I am.I found out a few mounths after I started that I wasn't the

first guy to think of it but it's still cool to do.All of the road wheels drive and idler wheel,

along with the entire suspention was hand cast from resin one piece at a time and I think

theres like 50 something pieces that make up the drive system.I put a bunch of leds in it

but I haven't had the time to wire them all up yet.I'm still tring to deside what kinda paint

scheem I want to put on it as I don't have any imperial army to use it in.Heres a youtube

link to it's test run.

Cool although if you could make it move a little less quick and jerky, I think that would be better(I'm mainly talking about the turret, the treads are nice.)

Other then that very nice, can't wait to see it in the hall of honor.

I need to work on the up and down of the turret it jumps more than I'd like it to.

I can slow the side to side movement down to a more real movments.If you push

the sticks very slowly you can make it drive at a crawl.I just wanted to see just how

fast it would go.I have some still shots of it when I was building it I'll try to get up

in a day or two.

hmm ... maybe i was the other guy ... ^_^

that's a great start !

the turrets moves little fast, but that has already been said.

as i also already build some of them, i'd really be interested to know, which parts you used to realize this. from what i can see in the pic, the track seems a bit like something german ww2 ?! ...

the controlable drivespeed makes me assume, that you are using a analog, at least 4 channel controller combined with servos for the turret and gun? this could also be the reason why the gun is moving so damn fast. ... but please enlighten me. :)

Now, now Bob, don't show off! :lol:

this wasn't my intention. sorry if anyone got this wrong.

in contrast to this, i'm quite impressed, because i know exaclty what great job what he realized there, cos' i did the same. the reason why i'm asking so technicaly detailed is, because i'm always interested in solution from other builders, which are maybe better than mine, to find ways for improving my own stuff as well ... :D

I know you weren't showing off, i am a big fan of your work and i think it would be great if dedicated RC/40k builders could help each other out.

I'm always up for constructive critisem.I'll put up some of my wip pics as soon as I get a chance.

And to answer bob yes it has servos on the turret to make it turn and raise and lowwer the barrel.

I'm going to rework the up and down to get more realist movements.As for parts used the tracks came from a henglong panzer 3 and the gear box is twin motor universal gearbox from tamya.Every thing else was custom made for this tank.I'll take the side covers off for you bob and show how the drive and suspention set up work.It may take a day of two because I won't be home from work today before midnight but I'll do another video and post it up.

I wouldn't build a 1/6 scale one if I was going that far I would built it so that I

could get in side and drive it. :D Heres some wip pics I had taken a while back.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/AdeptisMechanis/DSC01318.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/AdeptisMechanis/DSC01316.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/AdeptisMechanis/DSC01313.jpg

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/AdeptisMechanis/DSC01317.jpg

wow ... this is an extremely professional job !!!.

the wheels and the suspension is top notch! ..

i think it won't be easy to slow down the servo installed in the turret ... or at least i have no good idea, how it could be done in a good way ...

here's how i solves the problem: i simply installed a microservo that moves endless in both directions. i glued a small disc on its' head to which i attached the cannon. so now the cannon goes always up and down again, as long as i keep the servo moving. in your case it#s maybe to late to go that way ... - so if you manage to slow this servo down, please let me know how you made it, ok ?!

thanks ....

I'm thinking about redoing the linkage and then installing a resistor in line with the

servo cutting the supply voltage down.That should slow the servos movments.But

first I need to get the linkage figure out because thats what make it jump so much

is the linkage is binding causing the movements to be a little eradic.

Heres a link to a better video of how the drivetrain and suspention works.

One other cool thing is that the place I got the treads from also sells metal

treads for the same tank.I'm thinking about getting a set now that I know

they will fit.

You all check out his Shadowsword. You should be able to find it via the OP link,

it's bob panda who owns the vid. The shadowsword is nice and slow, a bit more lumbering... has lights too!

Archived