Best anti-horde units?

What are your favorite anti-horde units in the chaos codex?

1. I don't own any but noise marines sound great for anti-horde (maybe a little fragile?)

2. 8 Zerkers can destroy a 30 boy mob and are even better against IG

3. any unit with 2 flamers in it is great and will also remove space marines from cover (plague marines?)

4. Chosen or Havocs have the super flamers but seem fragile too - havocs with heavy bolters or missile launchers could be OK

5. Dreadnought - many hordes can't touch him, he has flamers, BUT a hidden powerfist will ruin you!

6. HQ with nurgle's rot?

Not a unit, but put havoc launchers on all your rhinos, and focus your fire. Surprising how much harm they do to hordes, specially since the tend to bunch up and are hard to miss even with some scatter.

Obliterator Plasma Cannons.

Against hordes? Seems overpriced overkill, unless you are maybe shooting swarms. Might as well suggest a defiler or vindicator- the pieplate covers 4 times as many mdoels, for about twice the points.

On the other hand, the twinlinked flamer IS fun when you get to use it. :P

Combo's aside, I've been facing lots of tyranids lately, and having a single dreadnought on hand (or defiler) makes for a great anti gaunt/garg/ripper unit. It just seems right to take one, so I take two to be sure of it.

Other then that, I've had success with two khornate/tzeentch lords with daemonweapons. A few times Ive gotten well over 25 attacks, thats enough to pay for 8 terminators hanging out with my... Berzerkers... Hehe.

Heavy bolter havocs, dread with heavy bolter, chosen with combi-flamers. They'll get swarmed eventually but they can shoot the bolters until in range to flame. You could put them in a rhino or a landraider or just infiltrate or outflank. Hordes, true 100+ model Ork and Guard hordes usually have troops on either flank.

AV14 gives Hordes problems, especially if you pick on their anti-tank early. This isn't true about the guard but a Landraider or a Crusader if you're loyal, does a number on Nids and Ork boyz.

Zerkers (gotta luv'em)

Obliterators (has we can choose the weapons)

I haven't tried it yet but Typhus might be interesting (shame he's not an eternal warrior *grumble, grumble*)

Archived