Soul Grinder from Eldar Vehicle...possible?

Infidel

So, here I am, bored and fiddly. I've been using my CSM defiler as Grinder for a while now, and I think it's about time I get an actual Grinder.

As much as I like the Slaanesh version, I dont feel it's very Slaanesh, and I'm wondering if it's possible to make a Grinder out of Eldar vehicles. I dont have access to any eldar models but from what I can remember, the falcon hull seems to make an okay base for the grinder's chassis (although i'm unsure of the size) but I'm not sure what I can use to make legs out of.

I would much preferred using a DE ravager or Talos for the purpose of the conversion, but they're all too small.

So, my questoin is: has this been done before? I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this idea but all my searching has been for naught. In the highly unlikely case that I am, does anyone out there might have an idea as to how I should approach this?

Thanks a bunch.

there's a Slaanesh version?

I was wondering that.

Without trying to put a downer on this, I'm not sure it'd looked that great. Skimmers with legs don't tend to work out well unless you're a VERY good modeller, but hey give it a go, see if you can prove me wrong :sweat:

The idea has a lot of merit and is firmly based in the fluff. Since you’re daemonically defiling Eldar models, you almost have to go with a Slaaneshi theme but it’s up to you. The Forge craves war machines and Chaos just doesn’t discriminate. All alien hardware welcome.

There was a brilliant Chaos army done a few years back that was based on Eldar that had fallen to Slaanesh. All the models were pink with a black trim theme with a lot of chaosy bits. Sorry to bring this up with a link but I can’t find the pics offhand. If anyone knows the one I’m talking about and knows of a link online, please point it out. I believe it would serve up some good inspiration in this case.

Otherwise, I look forward to the results. Cheers, -OMG

there's a Slaanesh version?

The one with crab claw, comes standard with the box :P

The idea has a lot of merit and is firmly based in the fluff. Since you’re daemonically defiling Eldar models, you almost have to go with a Slaaneshi theme but it’s up to you. The Forge craves war machines and Chaos just doesn’t discriminate. All alien hardware welcome.

Yep, definately Slaanesh griners. I'm trying hard to justify including a GUO in my Tzeentch/Slaanesh army so if anyone's got any idea that might make it gel i'm all ears.

As far as conversion goes....

I've got a few DPs converted from the Inquisitor models (the inquisitor assassin), what's a good place to find decent-sized female-esque body and head to go on the grinder? Like...this one

http://www.feannadh.com/1_40k/slaanesh/pictures/defilercloseup_1.JPG

(top of my list is the Forgeworld KoS Model, followed by the regular KoS model, but i'm definately open for alternatives)

Now, here's the question for you fine gentlemen, Serpent or Falcon? Are they too big/small if i decide to attatch the forgeworld model's torso onto it? Which one do you think will fit better? I've got NO experience with anything eldar....

The War Walker legs are too small...maybe a pair of wraithlord leg with green stuff and 4 regular grinder legs, giving it a foward slant and as for the body....

I'm gonna find some pictures and do some matte painting to see if it actually looks any decent, then as soon as exam blows over i might start ^_^

Will keep you updated

Falcon should be fine... I play eldar and one of my good friends has five grinders for apocalypse. You can easily get it to fit in the area where the turret used to be... the claws are the trick.

I guess falcon then. It'll probably end up looking like the Forge World Brass Scorpion.....

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/bsp10store.jpg

So, It'll probably end up a good 10% smaller than a normal grinder, that'll actually result in smaller footprints.

What's a good model to get large female body/face off? I guess i can get more inquisitor and greenstuff it, but they really dont look that good and the Forgeworld one is really quite expensive.

Quick update:

Should have been doing work, but decided to procrastinate and produced this instead.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/166/soulgrinder.jpg

Quick scribble, turning a falcon 180, 2 pairs of grinder leg and the torso of the forgeworld KoS

Might be able to manufacture spider legs from wrathlord legs

Wraithlord weapons and kit definitely might give you some decent options.

Keep with 2 wraithlord kept on leashes based...more diorama as soul grinder...

In that drawing, the Maw Cannon is actually running through her chest. I'm sensing something cool creeping up my spine....the stroke of the dark prince.....

This will probably turn into a full-blown character project with her own fluff....

If not for the damnable university.

but I'd definately get something other than the FW keeper or the body,

I hear you....but i'm really not sure what my alternatives are.

Archived