The Cheapskates Space Marines :P

asakiri

Well im new here so i just wanted to say Hi to everyone first!!

Having painted several space marine armys in the past i thought i would set myself a new challenge!!

Basicly i am going to try to build a new marine army entirely by getting second hand stuff from ebay lol To make it more interesting im gonna set my self a limit of £3 for each item i buy, i can see alot of cleaning up and converting coming :D Has anyone else tried this before? if you have please drop me a line with any tips like things to try and avoid :lol:

Also any ideas for chapters to go for would be appreciated just got back from GW with my combat squad of marines to try out schemes ^_^

Anyway bye for now - Dave

Yea i see what you are saying, think i will keep it at £3 tho, just got 10 marines for 99p and an attack bike for £2.50 pictures were a bit fuzzy tho lol if i end up with an army of foot sloggers so be it :D

Hiya There

It is possible. I've got an entire Deathwing (120 Terminators) through ebay purchases and trades. I even got 3 Landraiders for £40 off ebay as well... I think you'll be surprised how easy it can be as long as you keep your eyes open :D

Cheers and Happy Hunting

Ah yes, the wonderfull world of E-bay.

If i could start my hobby all over again, i would have made much more use of it. however now with a house, a kid and other stuff to pay for. purchasing warhammer is on a low burner.

E-bay has great stuff sometimes, keep an eye out for those bargains and buy 10 Litres of simple green/dettol/oven cleaner and you are ready to go!

Mel

If you plan on replacing arms/weapons make sure that the seller didn't use PVA glue. It makes things much more difficult. Good luck.

You mean plastic glue right? PVA is white glue, and wouldn't hold in the first place ;) .

It's 100% doable. I'm doing it right now, actually. The entire beginnings of my army started as secondhand stuff that I stripped and repainted. It'll take you a while to complete due to your cash limit, but you can do it.

My initial budget was $1.50 per Marine, and $15 for a tank. $2 for special characters and Assault Marines/Devs.

Those were back in the days of being a starving college grad working as a waiter. Now I make enough to buy new stuff, but that doesn't keep me from snatching up cheap stuff on ebay to refurbish.

Archived