454 guards zanpakutos beginnings

Like the title says this is a first go at this sort of stuff so be gentle. Ofcourse you could just be nasty and go all out buts thats for you to decide. This is the beginning of my chapters biggest part, their zanpakutos (fan of bleach so bomb me if you wish) and how they got them. Obviously if i remember this thread and people like it I will expand on it and make more but if people hate it then I shall just leave it to die. anyway without further ado, here it is.

He found no foe greater than this, a daemon prince of khorne. For nearly half a day the two had dueled long after both armies had retreated but neither was ready to give the other victory. He parried a mighty blow from the prince, roaring with anger at how he couldn't strike down the the chapter master. His blade was flickering with energy and was showing no signs of fatigue but he felt each blow twisting and buckling the swords structure and soon it would br-.

He deflected a further blow that sank into the ground off to his right, carving off what was left of his shoulders armour and leaving not only a serious wound and the chapter master on the ground, but his sword lying beside him in two pieces. He prayed to the emperor for might and rose his left arm and the wrist mounted custom combi-plasma let loose a gout of flame that seared the princes skin, but he knew the fuel was running out and he no longer had any of his plasma shots left. Several holes in the princes armour evident of it's use.

Again he prayed and rose from the ground his right arm hanging useless at his side, his left holding up the stream of rightous fire that purged the prince. Another slash severed not only the fire but destroyed his weapon throwing him back as he weighed nothing. The prince roared praise to the blood god and slowly marched towards the now dying chapter master, savouring the moment of beating a truely worthy foe. He prayed to the emperor for strength to best this monster, he willed his body to move but in vain. He closed his eyes and was ready to accept defeat.

"You wish for power to defeat this foe? you wish to aid the corpses you worship? Alas you can't gain such things" the voice was everywhere and nowhere, where was he? he was in the middle of pure shifting black, never standing still. His body was unarmoured and unharmed, Where was he? "show yourself daemon so I may show you power" he challenged but the voice countined as if never asked the question "I could give you power, the power to best these creatures and others with ease but why would I? Interesting thought don't you agree?" the voice trailed of again.

"Show yourself NOW" 454 bellowed, something he hadn't done since he became chapter master his voice never rose above normal but yet his voice seemed like a whisper here. "I wonder what I could possible do to aid such like you? Why would I ask if you'd accept or not? I could trade but I think I won't or should I?" the voice was now getting closer and more mocking each time it spoke. "Daemon, you tire my patience. SHOW YOURSELF".

The voice countined again unhampered by questions "I think I may have a use for you, but why would I use you? Plenty others, no? well then I guess I can offer something for you to aid me in my own desires. I wonder if I can understand if you accept. All I can say is your corpses-god shall be aided greatly, but at what price?" the voice trailed away and disappeared.

A roar deafened the chapter master and he realised where he was. The prince has raised his axe above his head and was able to take his skull. One last call to the emperor for aid to smite the beast down, this time he was answered. His armour burst to flames but didn't sear him, the temperature was normal but the daemon prince was stunned, backed off two paces and screamed in anger bringing it's axe down on the chapter master. He rose his right arm and parried the blow with fire in th shape of a blade and brought it round onto the daemon prince that was thrown to the side. "What manner of trickery are you using now mortal" bellowed the prince. "The emperors blessing" came the reply. The fire blew away revealing his armour as if it were new, his wounds gone, his combi-plasma back and most defining: a black relic blade. He grasped the holy weapon with two hands and charged the daemon who now was laughing with joy, his foe back up and fighting.

The joy was short lived as the blade shatter his axe and carved his skull from his shoulders and with the daemons last sight and sound teh chapter master knelt down and looked at the prince who saw his body in the background, the chapter master mocked the prince "May the emperor judge you fairly, brother" He used the term truely, for he who he had slain was one of the last people of his planet. His brother who had left with the word bearers for glory, the families runt trying to earn glory. If one of his siblings escaped, then he will assume all escaped the planets extermintus. He looked at his blade, no longer a black relic blade but a humble one sided curved sword. He put in into his old swords sheathe, the blade formed the sheathe to its shape. He requested for an extraction back to the company barge. While waiting for pick up via thunderhawk he pondered on his new weapon and what it held for him and his chapter. He prayed again to the emperor that this was his work.

Archived