Preheresy jumppack developed!

Check this out. It looks a lot like a preheresy jump pack! Even the size seems right to me since a SM in full armour would be much bigger. Now I know Ive seen development of power armour style armour (although nowhere near as big or powerfull) so soon all thats left is the development of Space Marines themselves. Now if only the ethics crusaders stop whining about genetic manipulation of humans and we'd be set to conquer the galaxy. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLccl_NWDQE...player_embedded

Old, old news, Fraters. During the opening ceremony for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games, some dude with a rocket pack flew over the top of the stadium and landed in the middle. These things were originally developed for a quite Assualt Marine-esque reason; they were to let US Army troops get up close to the enemy quickly, no matter where they where, and then to get away quick once they had smushed them. They ended up dropping the program when the packs were too heavy, noisy and couldn't carry enough fuel for extended ops.

On a related note, and something you'll probably have seen if you watch Mythbusters, the US were also developing circular 'hover-platforms'. These used a ducted fan in the center of the foot plate. Footage of them is quite cool, but they were dropped also, this time because they weren't stable enough to allow accurate shooting; after every shot, the soldier had to adjust the way the thing was floating-no good during combat-ops!

GFP

Hi guys. Thanks for the other links they were interesting to watch.

I dont think this new pack is old news though. The latest developments and refinements were only accomplished this April. The developer refers to the mythbuster episode as a critisiser pointed the same fact out and the developer debunks the Mythbusters as he has worked on it for decades. Appearantly this version does away with all the previous problems and niggles you meniton and this version does overc ome them all (as far as my extremely limited knowledge goes). Anyway I just thought that this one actually looks the same as the GW preheresy jump pack and thought it entertaining enough to post :confused:

Old, old news, Fraters. During the opening ceremony for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games, some dude with a rocket pack flew over the top of the stadium and landed in the middle.

bugger i must have missed that! i guessing being 2 years old might have hindered my memory. :confused:

very nice post, the thing does look like one of the PH jump packs. ach to have a bunch of million $ to blow, to take the exoskeleton they are working on, slap some armor on it, use this jet pack, have stihl make a nice chain sword and build a nice approximation of a bolt pistol. just the matter of the genetic engineering to sort out and voila, time to start the great crusade for real.

very nice post, the thing does look like one of the PH jump packs. ach to have a bunch of million $ to blow, to take the exoskeleton they are working on, slap some armor on it, use this jet pack, have stihl make a nice chain sword and build a nice approximation of a bolt pistol. just the matter of the genetic engineering to sort out and voila, time to start the great crusade for real.

We'd need the Age of Strife to finish first though. Give it a few more years :P

Archived