Pre Heresy Ultras a small project.

Anthiron

Ok so i kinda have a soft spot for the RTB01 marines and rogue trader marines in general.

ive recently come into possession of about 20 marines, a rhino and an old whirlwind. And so begins my pre heresy army.

ill put up a pic of the minis a bit later tonite, but for now. i hear detoll is a good paint stripper? do i water it down?

Nicko

Simple Green is one of the better paint strippers, doesn't harm plastics or metals. i would say it's a safe bet to water the detoll down if you do use that, not sure what ratio to use but best to do a few tests on some spare bits first B)

If you're in the UK - Flash Clean & Care rules. It's the best stuff I've used (and I've tried a lot!). And it doesn't smell bad or harm your skin (with limited exposure). Stick it in a tupperware container, soak figs for a couple of hours, scrub with a nailbrush. Use a pin to get it the paint out of recesses. The better prepped the figure was (cleaner) the longer it takes to strip - if it was straight out of the pack, you'll probably be able to peel the paint off in really big chunks.

i am in australia, and therefore dont have simple green. i tried brake fluid the other day. it didnt work. thanks for the replies though.

ok well lets call them older era marines then <_< i havent brushed up on my fluff. its been quite a few years since ive paid the hobby serious attention.

Archived