Mark of Chaos

10thkingdom

When dealing with an opponent who is playing daemons and has taken the mark of a certain god on their daemon prince do you require that they are visually displaying that mark on the model? I feel that if someone is going to place something like the Mark of Slaanesh on a model so that it can benefit from abilities such as pavane of Slaanesh that there should be visual representation on the model. Whether it is the symbol of that god painted on the base or even a standard with the gods symbol on it somewhere in the vicinity of the character. I think this is especially important when in a tournament so that the character is persistant in all games and not switching loyalties so that it might fare better depending on who it is playing.

I myself am doing an all Slaanesh army and will have the symbol of the god attached to all models that will benefit from the mark. I know it doesn't quite say in the book that a physical mark needs to visible but it would make for fare gaming.

I think this is especially important when in a tournament so that the character is persistant in all games and not switching loyalties so that it might fare better depending on who it is playing.
This is why any good tournament requires you to have a written list, and commonly have one turned in to the organizers. If it's written, it can't change between games no matter how it's painted. You should have army lists written out as well when you play anywhere, so really it's a non-issue.

Besides, one could just paint all symbols on and then pick and choose in the manner you describe anyway, defeating the purpose of forcing one symbol over another. Plus, he could just say he's worshipping all equally and go undivided if necessary, calling on the god he needs at any given moment.

Archived