titan legions

INKS

graia

Prod. Grade: I-Secundi

Titan Legion: Legio Astraman (Morning Stars)

Notes: Infested by Genestealers and subsequently attacked by Tyranids during the Second Tyrannic War 997.M41 (Hive Fleet Kraken), but was successfully defended and cleansed.

Ok so I am trying to understand how titans are formed in groups or legions or whatever they are called. here for example it says Legio Astraman (which I assume is just a given name for the legion?) then Morning stars, what does morning stars mean? is that was Astraman stands for in english? How of these name chosen? is there any sort of pattern? is there a reference which would tell you which titans are involved and how many? is there some sort of standard? colors? how do you know what to paint them? (besides what ever you want)

just trying to get a grip on how they are organized and such.

Astraman in English mean "Morning Stars". As to the rest, you need to do a little research to find out their colours, banners, and force organization chart. In summary, we known they are from the Planet Graia in the Ultima Segmentum sections of the Empire of Man, that its a Forge World that tithes in the I-Secundi catagory, and that once upon a time the world was infested by genestealers and Tyranids from Hive Fleet Kraken and then cleansed by the Legio Astraman.

SJ

Ok this is just my understanding of the answers I know of to your answer. Usually the legions have some sort of theme, for example, your morning stars. Thier theme could be anything to do with the title, like they might be painted that purple you see right before the sun rises(the morning star is the last star visible 'till sun-up, ussually big and bright, also has biblical referance). Also morning stars where weapons from the dark/ mediaval times, they were essentiall a spiky mace(not the chain swinging kind). So if you want to start a legion of your own, find something you would think is a cool theme, get a latin translation of the words, and swithc it up until you find one you like. My long two cents :lol: .

Check out the BoLS website, they have a logo sheet for the Legio Astraman. Yes, they have a mace/morningstar icon and have a solid green with gold edging, and a panel or two of blue/white stripes for a colour pattern.

Archived