Need ideas for give Slaanesh look to troops

el_horror

Hi guys, I am quite new in the forum as an active member although I have been reading it for a long time.

I am now starting to paint and collect a daemon army and I would like to dedicate it to Slaanesh, but I want to use all the options and possibilities in the codex. So my idea is to convert and paint the troops with an slaaenashi look.

As I don´t want pinky bloodletters :angry: or things like that, I am looking for ideas of minis to represent all the codex.

For example I have purchased a daemon from Helldorado; is a big guy full of muscles but with a lot of areas without its skin, very hell-raiser style. I will use it as Khorne Daemon Prince. Also I have the Pleasure Daemon from Ultraforge as Souleater or Lord of Change (is like a big Keeper of secrets with wings).

I have no problem with not GW Minis so feel free to give ideas involving other marks.

Thanks a lot for your help.

What specific units do you plan to use? It'll be a lot easier for us to find models if we know exactly what we're looking for

Probably all of them :lol:

Until now these are the ideas and thoughts I have:

HQ.

Great daemons: The Keeper of secrets itself, the Pleasure Deamon fro Ultraforge will be the Lord of Change/Bloodthirster and the Great Unclean One will also be itself, I have one alredy painted with fleshy and gorish colours.

Heralds: no problem with those neither, I have some minis from other games to use with them.

Elite:

Fiend of Slaanesh: i will use the new spawns. I like them and have some ideas to put on them some boobies, tortured flesh, chains, ...

Bloodcrusher: no idea. I thouhg in use the juggers as they are painting them as stone or marble and put some daemonettes as raiders.

Beast of nurgle: no idea. I am thinking in using some worm-style-deamons from Confrontation maybe painting them as tortured flesh (these beast will feast on the souls of those who die suffering or something like that)

Flamers: no idea.

Troops:

Horrors and bloodletters: no idea

Pleaguebearers and nurglins: i have no plans to use them, so no problem.

Daemonettes: themselves

Fast Attack:

Furies: no plan to use them but maybe I will have some clasical succubus.

Screamers: no idea.

Flesh Hounds: maybe use the plastic spiders from warhammer and use some daemonettes in somekind of centaurs

Heavy:

No problem with them neither.

More or less all of those point are my ideas but I am open to new comments.

I recomend looking at the dark elf fantasy line for ideas.

Bloodcrusher:daemonette rideing a cold one

Beast of nurgle: I don't really think these are usefull outside mono-nurgle.

Flamers: daemonets with a weird nid gun might work, wings/flying skyboards/whatever suits your fancy to represent that they are jump infantry.

Horrors and bloodletters: easy one. Daemonetts with claws removed, and replaced with DE reapeater xbows for horrors, and DE corsair swords for bloodletters.

Screamers: tough one, but the actuall models should look good in a slaanesh army.

Mixing in other peices of the De kits could help you visually seperate the different units, so they don't just look like a mob of daemonetts with weird arms. Hope that's of some help!

The use of dark elves bits is a great idea.

I was thinking about the bloodletters and as already I have the minis I am thinking in painting them as usual, but attach some chains in their knees, draw some slaanesh symbols in their body and maybe cut some horns, add some slash scars, things like that. The idea is that some slaanesh daemons have dominated khorne daemons and slave them.

For the flamers i will use the metal daemonettes and put a lot of fire in the base as well paint them with bright fire colours.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have taken inspiration from Silent Hill for Slaaneshi daemons, with plans to make some Lying Figures to count as Plague-bearers. As for Bloodletters though, I'd probably go with a "perfect warrior" feel to them, looking like a Classical era statue, perfectly muscled body, wielding a sword or spear.

As for Flesh Hounds, I'd always like the idea of using the Undead Dire Wolves models, and sculpting flesh over the exposed bone.

A nice way to utilise the "Pink Horrors" entry in a Slaaneshi army list would be to create creatures that are composed of bound-together bodies; souls dedicated to slaanesh that are fused in an eternal state of pleasure and pain. This could be easily accomplished utilising various different plastic sprues such as the Warhammer zombie and chaos marauder sprues, and you could represent their shooting attacks with a variety of hooked chains, leather straps and other lovely bits and pieces that erupt from the mass :)

Similarly, you could use Plague Bearers in a vairety of ways: they could be redolent of Hellraiser's cenobites; servants of Slaanesh that have become so jaded by the constant torments and re-workings of their own flesh that they have inflicted on themselves that they no longer feel any pain at all. They could also be daemons from the "Circle of Gluttony;" creatures that are so vast and bloated they can withstand incredible hurts but can hardly carry themselves upright.

Bloodletters could be daemons that represent Slaanesh's aspect as the lord of obsessive perfectionism, in this instance the obsession in question taking the form of martial pride. Personally, to contrast them against the berserker fury of "true" Khornate Bloodletters, I'd represent them as beautiful, graceful martial artists; daemons that can kill or cripple with but a gesture, inflict horrendous agony with a touch.

And so on and so forth. I don't like the fact that one is forced to abuse "count as" in order to create distinct and workable God-specific armies, but it can make for some very interesting conversion projects.

Archived