DM Space Marines...

I'm returning to 40k know that my first year at uni is almost over and I've decided to flesh out my Machinists warband (this time they should make it to the table top) and I was woundering what my fellow tech adepts think about my Dark Mech themed force.

I don't have their full fluff with me but heres a quick summary.

Basicly they make extensive use of daemon-constructs which are simply daemon engines on a smaller scale - think Thousand Sons but more mechanical and less dusty.

What do you guys think

go for it :)

I myself make good use of counts-as 1k sons as attached former legio cybernetica castigator maniples with my iron warriors. deamonized ammunition, slow and purposeful and the 4++ force field make great robots ruleswise. The aspiring sorcerer is just a techmarine with a lesser daemonweapon and some dark exotic bolter- or flamer-variant (depending on choice of psipower), so the psi-rolls are explained as his struggle to keep the daemonic/abominable intelligence under control.

other most obvious choices are the defiler, obliterators, any vehicle with demonic possession upgrade, plague marines as veterans with extensive bionics, berzerkers as lobotomized combat-drug experiments, demon princes with techy "gifts".

chaos daemons (exspecially tzeentch) also make good dark mech robots, with the occasional plaguebearer-servitor and full of soul grinders. I use them together in apocalypse (see "IW & dark mech" in work in progress section).

all hail the machine!

Just checked out your pic's, and I have to say I'm impresed, the use of the SM shoulders pads was exellent I may have to 'steal' that design, and worse than that you've made me want to buy the daemon codex.

I've already desgined my new mechanical horrors (I post some pics when I get the chance) using your shoulder pad armourer mounted on Chaos backpacks.

Archived