Admech hover disks

im guessing this is what you mean

a few years ago there was a guard army with a flying command squad mounted on hovor boards in white dwarf

they where built from surf board shapes of plasticard if i remember correctly

but personaly i dont think there is such a thing in fluff(or at least i have not heard of anything)

chaos used to have disk riders but i think i remember them being daemonic so not something the mechanicus would use

for a good example watch back to the future that is how i would see them if the mechanicus did make them

or i would see it being like yuris flying chair thing from red alert(best picture i could find)

If you are talking small scale sunspensor fields, then yes I believe the AM have such things. The "background" generally supports this based around the "servo skull" size configuration. Additionally there have been a few references about sunspensor fields post Heresy but nothing large scale and they definately are not a common item.

Severus6

The RT ones were called power boards, and indeed had funny rules. One of the players at my FLGS has all of his counts as Blood Angles mounted on power boards in place of their jump packs.

Btw, there is fluff that does indicate that while the Empire of Man can no longer manufacture the materials used in anti-grav units, Earth has a stock pile of several million tons of the stuff, which gives the Empire an effectively unlimited supply.

SJ

got the idea from Tim H's codex

Hover Disk: Hover disks are small devices, barely large enough for one rider to stand on, but mounted with a powerful and compact anti-grav propulsion system. They allow the rider to move as if he was mounted on a jetbike but without any mounted weapons or increase in Toughness. Hover Disks can be easily stowed so the wearer can move on foot or enter vehicles normally, but cannot be taken by models wearing Terminator Armor (there is only so much they can lift!).

does anyone have any pics of them?

I made mine out of a chopped and suitably converted tau drone... Not sure if Tim H just sort of invented them by crossing separate pieces of AM fluff like suspensor fields and such.

Archived