Summer Madness

Uprising

Hello everyone and happy summer! I just came back from vaction and finally started painting my WB and writing the army fluff. So Far i got 7 marines, 1 dread and my conveted lord painted and mastered the urban base. My fluff is it the finale battle for a hive world with 3 companies of SM and imperial guard allies fighting an tide of WB. There just a few problems

1-What SM should they be fighting. I don`t what them fighting 1 of the 9 loyalist legion and want something easy to paint. Any ideas?

2-How common are chaos gifts and mutations?

3-Where can i buy bits cheaply in the USA beside The Warstore.com?

Hello everyone and happy summer! I just came back from vaction and finally started painting my WB and writing the army fluff. So Far i got 7 marines, 1 dread and my conveted lord painted and mastered the urban base. My fluff is it the finale battle for a hive world with 3 companies of SM and imperial guard allies fighting an tide of WB. There just a few problems

1-What SM should they be fighting. I don`t what them fighting 1 of the 9 loyalist legion and want something easy to paint. Any ideas?

2-How common are chaos gifts and mutations?

3-Where can i buy bits cheaply in the USA beside The Warstore.com?

1. Pick a sucessor, any sucessor. The coward Guilliman has many sucessor chapters, just pick one of those and call it a day.

2. Depends on how much the Chaos gods like them. The more they like you, the more "gifts" they give.

Good luck with your Word Bearers, and may the wrath of Lorgar spread!

I would say go with Ultramarines themselves. They have a long history with the Word Bearers, none of it good. How devoted is your army to the Dark Gods? This would play a part in deciding how much mutation you want. Do they serve one God over the others? As far as bits, I myself use The War Store, I'm not sure of others.

It has been noted that the Word Bearers as a Legion are actually not prone to mutation, those few who do sport them however are seen as great messiahs greatly infused by the power of the Gods. And as such mutations would presumably be seen in Champions / Chosen / Terminators far, far more often than common "Brothers". :rolleyes:

TDA

There is also the Iron Hands in term of armies to battle again. If your able to get the Black Library book "Iron Hands" it Iron Hands battle Word Bearer during the 13th Black Crusade while they are on a important mission (take the IH away from there home world while it been attack by Chaos Guard armour company/army)

Just in the event you don't want to bright a colour to take the focuse away from the Word Bearer in term of painting. As why I use Black Templars instead of Imperial Fist for my Iron Warriors base.

IP

I'd probably choose Black templars for some overzealous mayhem (smurfs would also be a plausible choice, and you could also add some grey knights, to whichever chapter you choose (a squad or so) as the WB warband would have lots of demons.

Archived