basic scratch build questions

happe

Followers of the Machine God; as much as I respect your creations I have to say they are just out of my price range and for this I was wondering what the best material would be to use for making a scratch built warhound titan.

I have a set of templates and they seem fairly idiot-proof (have a feeling i'll be eating these words once i start) but they just fail to say anything about the actual materials.

so....any advice would be great so i can get this project started.

It's dependant on the final size of the finished product. Something between the size of a Leman Russ and a Warhound could be built with cardboard, cardstock, plasticard, just about anything you want without need for a support skeleton. Anything larger than the warhound I would definitely build a basic support structure using either plastic rod or brass rod. Anything the size of a warlord or larger and I recommend a steel or aluminium support skeleton.

For anything up a Warhound, I'd just use cardstock, cardboard, or plastic card. For the bigger models, I'd use foam for the bulk shape and then cover it in cardstock, cardboard, or plastic card, which should be more than strong enough.

SJ

Archived