Alt Heresy Word Bearers

Lord Draco

Im thinking of starting an alt heresy Word Bearers force based on the ace artical The Alternate Heresy Mega-Project: The History and Legacy of Dorn's Betrayal by Aurelius Rex. I would like my force to be lead by the primarch himself but what i want to know is if his face is painted gold? im sure iv read that it is somewhere...

The best and only description of Lorgar prior to becoming a Daemon Primarch can be found in Tales of Heresy.

You are correct, I dont have the book to hand but from what I recall Lorgar's face is gold leafed.

I really cant wait to see a model of Lorgar, since Erebus he's become the most hated Primarch.

Good luck with this!

Disciple

good plan :) do you think they would still have jetbikes in this alt heresy? Btw i dont get why every body hates Lorgar so much! iv always liked him and his legion of emperor worshipers. And in the end he was right anyway, the emperor was a god :P

iv done a colour scheme. Its based on my own DIY chapters scheme (cause i like it some much ;)) which was originaly based on pre heresy word bearers just with some red in it

spacemarine.jpg

On the question of jetbikes, this quote comes from the Emperor's Children Alt-IA article. (Link to the full article in the signature.)

Their laborious production of older weapons and wargear mean that the Emperor’s Children are the only legion able to field appreciable numbers of jet-bikes, which they maintain, with some justification, are more than a match for the slow and ungainly Land Speeder.

Just like in the norm-verse, the jetbike is too difficult for even Astartes to maintain. The exception is the Emperor's Children, who pour vast resources into keeping their 'perfect' pre-heresy marks in working order.

Will you be including the script carved into the ceramite of their armour? It might be tricky to pull off but if you can it would look amazing. Also, only the Emperor's Children bear the aquila, so chaplains (and other WB marines I suppose) bear the Emperor's older thunderbolt and lightning device in some form.

The red tabard looks very good, but I am not sold on the red armour myself. I think the contrast between sombre all-grey armour (or black for the chaplain) and the red of the cloth would be my choice. :(

just looked on the web and found this

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1390/1062319799_7bcabe1573.jpg

Now this shows word bearers pre heresy but they have red shoulder guards. was that their colour scheme?

I personally think this is a nice idea, though you would have to sculpt Lorgar with glasses and a book.

Also, didn't Eerebus and his fellow chaplains wear grey armour as well?

So back to Lorgar, do you think i could do him in gold armour?

On another note im thinking bout calling my battle company of Word Bearers the 'Grey Knights' :) link with realverse alert!

So back to Lorgar, do you think i could do him in gold armour?

On another note im thinking bout calling my battle company of Word Bearers the 'Grey Knights' :P link with realverse alert!

I don't know if Logar would be that bold. To have Gold Astartes Plat would probably in his eyes be seen as saying "I'm worthy to be counted as equal to the Emperor". I don't think he would put himself on the same level as his God. And for the Grey Knights well the always felt like 1ksons loyallists to me.

I'd say grey armour all the way. I know its alternate heresy, but read Battle for the Abyss, tht will give you a slightly warped view of them and thier organisation. You just have to 'un-warp' it, then fit it into AH. But it will give you a general idea.

This is a good idea, would like to see it done!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived