Little Advice

Jaxx

Oh, yah, my mistake. Sorry 'bout that.

I don't know. I don't have a lord with jet packs. But, like I said, you can make some bad ass looking lords by using extra chaos warriors bits, and the possessed bits for extra flair. That's why I'm suggesting that you buy a battle force, as you said that you haven't bought anything yet. And before you say, like you have been, that you're new and don't want to try anything fancy, its just as hard as making any other plastic model.

so what bonus do jump infantry have? what can they do compared to those who don't?

and should i run him around solo then? and just get him to join squads in trouble?

and how would i go about getting a pair of lightning claws :S

Ok ive had a look at the battleforce, Thanks!

I will get myself a battleforce, should i then buy 6 more marines so i can make up 2 full squads of 10 tactical marines or should i play 1 squad of 15?

should i just get a DP over a chaos lord or? Would he suit such a small army? and how would i play him because he can't fit in a rhino lol.

Jump infantry=move 12 assult 6 that would be them getting an extra 6 inches of movment each turn.

I would run him either solo behind a tank for cover(you're gonna get a rhino in the box) or with a squad(such as raptors),if you realy want the duel lightnin claws buy the lord and put the winged back pack from the possessed(you're gonna get these in the box too) the jump pack comes seperate,as for squads your gonna want to got 2 ten man eventualy so thats your call for now,another thing you can do since possessed aren't great IMO is use the possessed bitz along with the 15 marines you get in the box to make 20 total marines(I've seen it done looks realy good and realy easy),you also get a 8 man squad of zerkers wich are decent troops,so with the box your set other than an HQ.As an old vet of chaos and knowin nwhat your gonna buy(thats if you get the lord)I would go lord-wings whatever other gear you want,8 man zerk squad in rhino,either 10 man squad and 5 man squad with 5 possessed or 2 10 man squads usin' the possessed bitz across the 20 guys.Run the lord with the zerks in the rhino then just leave after you disembark,or stick with them and wreck things.

I don't have my rule book in front of me, but I believe that the only disadvantage to wings is that you can't join units of jump infantry. But, unlike a jump pack, you can join infantry squads or take cover inside of transports. If you get he battle force, then I would suggest that you buy a second rhino and maybe five more marines, though I don't think anyone would mind if you decided to proxy the possessed as normal marines (because, let's face it, possessed aint that great)

I don't have my rule book in front of me, but I believe that the only disadvantage to wings is that you can't join units of jump infantry. But, unlike a jump pack, you can join infantry squads or take cover inside of transports. If you get he battle force, then I would suggest that you buy a second rhino and maybe five more marines, though I don't think anyone would mind if you decided to proxy the possessed as normal marines (because, let's face it, possessed aint that great)

No, there is no disadvantage when using wings. Just advantages.

yes the wings will fit on the jump lord and will probably make him look better,as for not joinin jump squads I think you can they just move at the slowest models speed and with wings that doesn't matter.

Archived