Daemon Prine with bolt of change

Hi ther,

My brother's started playing CSM and I played him yesterday - he took a DP with bolt of change psychic power. I read the rules in his codex and it said words to the effect of "may use in the shooting phase instead of another ranged weapon...." or something like that. IIRC the DP doesn't come with any ranged weapons and can't take weapon upgrades. Does this mean that a psychic power that replaces a ranged weapon attack is not possible on a DP? or can you just use it in the shooting phase regardless?

cheers, CF

As far as I understand, it just means that that IS his shooting phase. It's not instead of shooting a gun if he doesn't have a gun.

Think of it as a bolt of lightening/warp power/flame/whatever comes from his sword/eyes/butt/man-thinking-apparatus (enter your own word here) in attempt to take out as many of your little fella's as possible.

Hope that helps. :)

That part is there to make it clear that it can't be used in addition to any other shooting attacks, like a boltgun/bolt pistol for a Sorcerer, or other shooting Psychic Powers like Doombolt.

After all, can't shoot twice in the shooting phase. Unless you're a Monstrous Creature, which the Daemon Prince is which makes my previous point moot... Anyway, just consider it to be there for the Sorcerer to prevent him from shooting more than once in the shooting phase.

TDA

So a DP with MoT could shoot Doombolt and Bolt of Change? Nice...

Could a DP that has psychic powers have a Familiar? Or would that be a little silly due to big feet + small warp creature = messy shoes?

Or is that another oversite of this Codex?

Worth keeping in mind, Daemon Princes can fire off two shooting weapons per turn as they're Monstrous Creatures, but they can't fire off the same shooting psychic power in the same turn twice, as is the norm for all shooting attacks...

That's kinda why the Chaos Daemons Daemon Prince is superior I think. They might be more expensive, but they can have up to 3 shooting attacks and use them all.

Indeed, but only through Gift of Chaos, which technically isn't a shooting attack :D

TDA

No, don't even need Gift of Chaos (Boon of Mutation). Daemonic Gaze (Stronger, longer range Doombolt), Breath of Chaos (Winds of Chaos) and Bolt of Change (Bolt of Tzeentch). And to use it all, all you gotta buy is Master of Sorcery upgrade as well.

See, I think that's another dumb rule... surely they are one of the many gifts available to someone with pyschic powers on the way to Daemonhood...

I want to 2nd this 100%

Archived