Dark Apostle = Daemon Prince

minigun762

Oddly enough, I can't seem to find any evidence of a Dark Apostle being promoted to a Daemon Prince. Currently even Erebus and Kor Phaeron are still (super)human in nature, as is the council on Sicarus.

That being said, is there any reason the most devout of the Legions does not seek or cannot obtain daemonhood?

Some Wordbearer Lords probably have become DP's already. It's not always the biggest boys on the block. In fact sometimes they still have a purpose to fullfill.

Thats true and I've thought about that before, but it implies that once you become a Daemon Prince, you can't continue in your old job (so to speak), but that doesn't seem to be the case. The codex even specifically mentions Daemon Princes continuing to lead their Warbands after accession, so why would that stop you?

I R Confuseded :)

because up till you become a DP you still can do what you want , after this you have to do what your god tells you too[or the thing that made you a DP].

Good point.

Anyway, assuming that a Lord accepts Unidivided daemonhood, who will give him orders? Any of the four greater powers? The four at the same time? (quite confusing I admit) Lorgar? Furthermore: what happens if one power orders him something Lorgar doesn't like?

Mmmmmhhh.... after all that I can see why some people just don't want to become Daemon Prince after all... :D

because up till you become a DP you still can do what you want , after this you have to do what your god tells you too[or the thing that made you a DP].

Good point.

Anyway, assuming that a Lord accepts Unidivided daemonhood, who will give him orders? Any of the four greater powers? The four at the same time? (quite confusing I admit) Lorgar? Furthermore: what happens if one power orders him something Lorgar doesn't like?

Mmmmmhhh.... after all that I can see why some people just don't want to become Daemon Prince after all... ;)

There are more chaos gods. Alternative a stronger daemon that helped the lord achieving the DP goal, maybe some awesome chaos dude that happen to know how to easily banish daemons like grey knights but still a chaos believer. :P

That is an interesting point. I guess it goes to the question of how does one get promoted to Daemonhood.

Do you need to have the patronage of a particular Chaos entity (the main gods or others) or can you become a Daemon Prince through interaction/controlling the Warp itself?

**Possible Spoiler Incoming**

I give the example of the Warsmith from Iron Storm. He doesn't seem like he works for any particular Chaos god, but manages to achieve Daemonhood. Did he do this through his own mastering of the warp and sacrifices to Chaos as a whole?

It would seem that an undivided Daemon Prince would still have a lot of autonomy, if not total autonomy. Not taking the gift probably has a lot more to do with ones current focus and perspective. If the Ultramarines were destroyed and the Imperium fell Erebus would probably ascend at that point. The Imperium is nothing more than a play thing for daemons since they are theoretically immortal. As a Daemon Prince, one would probably care a lot less about the Imperium and a lot more about fighting other daemons for control of the warp, and ascending to full godhood.

There are countless Gods in the Warp. The Big Four are called that because they're simply the biggest of them all.

Then again there are those who in faint whispers would claim that even the Big Four are but aspects of the great all, Chaos Undivided, the root of all of Chaos.

TDA

There are countless Gods in the Warp. The Big Four are called that because they're simply the biggest of them all.

Then again there are those who in faint whispers would claim that even the Big Four are but aspects of the great all, Chaos Undivided, the root of all of Chaos.

TDA

I like that idea. More like a self-accession then being promoted by a specific being.

Archived