After Reading Heroes of the (Chaos) Space Marines...

Prot

I think we just need to get Abe some "red matter" for the Planet Killer, reload it, change the tires, top up the anti-freeze and point it at terra.

Seriously though this talk of 13th Crusade, Chaos being under-powered, under... 'feared'; it came to me that this "Planet Strike" codex could have been a perfect opportunity to run a campaign around a 14th Black Crusade.

Maybe I will take this opportunity to, yet again, relaunch a 'current codex' Chaos force and start my own history. I haven't decided on Legion, or chapter. Like I said Red Corsairs are in the lead, with Black Legion running a close second.

A 14th Black Crusade could have been huge with Planet Strike. I would really like to see significant pieces of the Imperium on the defensive. I realize the lore won't allow for permanent changes to 'iconic' story components like existing chapters, and places like Terra, but this doesn't mean it ALWAYS has to be a total wash out whenever Chaos decides to exit the Eye Of Trepidation.

What a cool concept it would be for Abaddon to bring forth the Legions again, combined with the favour of the gods AND the new wave of Chaos marines with the guided hand of Huron. That could make for some really good times!

I think we just need to get Abe some "red matter" for the Planet Killer, reload it, change the tires, top up the anti-freeze and point it at terra.

Seriously though this talk of 13th Crusade, Chaos being under-powered, under... 'feared'; it came to me that this "Planet Strike" codex could have been a perfect opportunity to run a campaign around a 14th Black Crusade.

Maybe I will take this opportunity to, yet again, relaunch a 'current codex' Chaos force and start my own history. I haven't decided on Legion, or chapter. Like I said Red Corsairs are in the lead, with Black Legion running a close second.

A 14th Black Crusade could have been huge with Planet Strike. I would really like to see significant pieces of the Imperium on the defensive. I realize the lore won't allow for permanent changes to 'iconic' story components like existing chapters, and places like Terra, but this doesn't mean it ALWAYS has to be a total wash out whenever Chaos decides to exit the Eye Of Trepidation.

What a cool concept it would be for Abaddon to bring forth the Legions again, combined with the favour of the gods AND the new wave of Chaos marines with the guided hand of Huron. That could make for some really good times!

Agreed. With the understanding that this is in essence a static world, a tiny bit of change (thanks Tzeentch) is a good thing. Let Chaos take a few worlds, maybe decimate a few Chapters. Have us run into a hive fleet splinter or smack around a Waaaaagh.

Something exciting...

Archived