The next expansion to the Burning Eclipse...

Well, I have an entire summer to occupy with modelling and painting. I should be working on my Empire, that I've had for quite a few months, but my attention remains on the devotees of the Dark Gods. Now, the bid comes down between two things. More Khorne Berzerkers (enough to field the Maelstrom of Gore) or Plague Marines.

I have enough financial disposition to purchase three boxes of Khorne Berzerkers over the course of three months (including this one). This will result 36 berzerkers added to my already 10-strong Squad, leaving me with 46 of the Blood God's frenzied followers.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been inspired by several tutorials to buy some CSMs and change the way they're standing, making it so that they're standing straight (not in action poses, more like they're standing at attention). This should suggest a "We Are Legion," aspect, which happens to be one of my favorite quotes. Now, the reason I said Plague Marines is because I'm planning on simply gluing Chaos Knight shoulder pads (leftovers from my Bikers) onto their stomachs as gut plates, thus converting them (in addition to the reposing) to Plague Marines. I'll have two boxes of CSM but I'll be lacking in shoulder pads... I can also buy a Rhino for them.

So the question stands like so. Three squads of seven Plague Marines and a Rhino or three squads of twelve berzerkers.

I already have the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut for the Berzerker's Maelstrom of Gore.

Both to me are very tempting prospects, despite both of their tactical uses. The reason I want the Berzerkers is a cheap way of expanding my army quickly and practicing my painting skills. The reason the Plague Marines are tempting is so that I can test my own skills in conversion and start working with green stuff.

But I can't make up my mind! I tried even rolling a die, but no matter the result, I just couldn't stick to it.

I have enough financial disposition to purchase three boxes of Khorne Berzerkers over the course of three months (including this one). This will result 36 berzerkers added to my already 10-strong Squad, leaving me with 46 of the Blood God's frenzied followers.

So the question stands like so. Three squads of seven Plague Marines and a Rhino or three squads of twelve berzerkers.

I already have the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut for the Berzerker's Maelstrom of Gore.

Both to me are very tempting prospects, despite both of their tactical uses. The reason I want the Berzerkers is a cheap way of expanding my army quickly and practicing my painting skills. The reason the Plague Marines are tempting is so that I can test my own skills in conversion and start working with green stuff.

Why not compromise and get one box of Bezerkers and do two squads of Plague Marines and get the best of both worlds? Expand your force and practice both painting and conversions. This is assuming that you have an undivided/non-dedicated force however. I'm just getting back into the hobby after hiatus so tactically I can offer little, but Khorne and Nurgle would work well together.

I am personally working on both Bezerkers and Plague Marines for my Black Legion force because I couldn't decide between the two as both appealed to me from a modeling/painting standpoint - but I am running an undivided force largely with a theme that any/all cult troops are recruited from within the Black Legion and tying the force together in both uniform and fluff accordingly.

However you seem to indicate a Khornate theme so it may be worth sticking with the Bezerkers but at the end of the dayI would say go with whichever you feel you will enjoy most because that will ultimately be the most rewarding project for you personally.

Good luck ;)

It is an undivided force. What I'm trying to do is fill up a roster, with certain parts of my army dedicating to a particular God because it serves their purposes. Slaanesh bikers, Plague Marines, Khorne Berzerkers and Tzeentch Terminators.

So its basically... Do Berzerkers now and fill out their roster, or buy Plague Marines (two squads) and make another squad of Bikers (I'm making 7 man squads, so I'll have 6 left over marines). So yeah. That's the prospect that's tempting me at the moment.

Well, thank you for the input nonetheless!

I'm thinking that since I already have Berzerkers, the Plague Marines would be a nice change...

Go for the Plague Marines. They'll add alot of flexibility to your force. Plus Bikers are always cool. I can understand your temptation to go for the Maelstrom of Gore, mixing that formaton with Flank March is abolutely devastating, but how many Apocalypse games do you play compared to regular games? I think you'll get more mileage out of the Plagues.

Heh, the irony of that is that I've been playing an Apoc game almost every weekend with my friend. So, the ratio is pretty close. But nonetheless, Plague Marines are definitely an option. What I actually just realized is that if I grab a box of Knights, two boxes of CSM, then I'll have enough models to build 6 bikers and 14 Plague Marines (2 squads of 7). Funny how things work out.

Question is, one squad will be fitted out with Plasma, what should I fit out the second with? My Bikers carry all of my Melta weaponry.

Question is, one squad will be fitted out with Plasma, what should I fit out the second with? My Bikers carry all of my Melta weaponry.

depends on your oponent, and wheter or not they are mounted in a rhino, personaly i'd go for plasma

yes and no,

if u want to give him something, go for a fist, NEVER a power weapon (i3+s4 sucks)

if u don't want to give them anithing, then don't (they make good vessels for Greater deamons)

sorry, :P :D

and about plamsa pistols, it may be safer than when used by regular SM, but you aren'd going to like it when your champ w/t fist blows himself up on the turn you (or whorse the enemy) assault, so in my perspective, no

Archived