Fallen Crusade

So, as I looked around desperately trying to figure out how to run Sons of Malice, and finding our more and more about them I ended up not liking I jumped around to a few different armies in search of what would spark my interest. In another post on these fourms someone mentioned fallen Black Templar. The more I thought about this the more excited I became.

I am currently in the process of converting my Black Templar into a recently fallen crusade. I will be using the BT codex. I would appriciate all help in the matters concerning ideas for conversions, and stories I could write for my new crusade against the corpse-emperor. I have read on these very forums about how the new Chaos codex is pretty lame and it would not do to lose the uniqueness of the BT.

I will start converting one of my squads this week and hopefully have some pictures posted by next Friday.

The first thing that comes to mind with fallen BT is the conversion oppertunities. You should be mixing csm, khorne berserkers, and the BT upgrade sprue. I would see them as being undivided, and i would keep icons of the other gods out of it. For example i'd file down the ears on berserker helmets.

I would think that the most fitting style would be a footslogging or landraider horde. I would suggest using cultists for your scouts/neophytes as well, not actual scouts. That'd be another great conversion oppertunity.

Or you could go with neophytes models with a chaos bit or two. Or a combo of the 2 styles.

I'm one of the ones that was all about the renegade BT's in the other thread, I think it would look/be awesome. LRC w/ spikey bits :P

I think the gothic look/feel of the BT's combined with (just a few) choas bits would look great.

Well some Scouts probably turned too so i'd put in scouts also. Not to mention they may make new ones.

I'd say mix Black Templar and CSM bits.

Use the Upgrade sprue of the BT and go for a footsloggerheavy force.

Chaos has Rhino's and LR's so maybe you could use them or converted SM ones.

I want to convert most of what I have already before buying a lot of new stuff. I am also thinking about running with transports. If I end up using the BT codex to run with.. I will be allowed to pick Land Raider transports for my Troops choices and my elites... This is what I will be planning on doing. Also, this will be mostly for campaigns that I play with friends, at my house or theirs... so I might be mixing the units from CSM and the BT book. But I want the army legit for store play as well. So, I will most likely run them as 'counts as'. Most of the troops armor will be heavly damaged and scratched up using the painting technique, not the gouging technique. I am planning on them keeping the cross on their shoulders as well. When I write up the story this will make much more sense. I don't want to run a foot slogging army. Thank you everyone for your advice so far! I do not have access to chaosy bits right now so I will be using green stuff in the meantime. I am hoping to have a few hours tomorrow night to work on my first marine. I will try to have pictures of him posted by no later than 11pm PST.

Keep the ideas comming in! And thank you for showing an interest in this.

Most excellent, I too play fallen Templars. The conversions are simple, CSM bits look awesome with the BT torsos. Personally I use the Chaos dex so I can run undivided daemons and berzerkers (who I feel are the simplest god to justify). if you are interested, I'll toss up some pics and fluff when I'm on a real computer (not an iPhone).

The only problem I have with fallen BT is, wouldnt they end up stamping on the toes of the WB? They are more like the WB in some respects than any other part of Chaos can reflect, almost a loyalist reflection of what the WB could have been.

Mmmm... perhaps. But I like the idea of an entire crusade falling. Also, since this is homebrew only I will be mixing the C:CSM and the C:BT to make my list. Though I am not sure if I will fill it out with daemons yet.

Ohhh Rahveel, please post some pictures!

The only problem I have with fallen BT is, wouldnt they end up stamping on the toes of the WB?

So....this chaos gets along splendidly stuff is new to this dex. Chaos used to fight each other all the time. Black Legion used to get

"hatred" toward many of the other chaos legions.

But you are right BT are kinda like the WB's of the Empire. Which means they could fall in much the same way.

I've been considering using BT rules to represent my Khornate Lost and the Damned army. LatD Mutant models would be initiates, berserkers would be battle brothers, etc. The only drawback is there is a lot of stuff I'd like to have in there that won't fit, but I figure the core is worth it for a few fun games.

The only problem I have with fallen BT is, wouldnt they end up stamping on the toes of the WB?

So....this chaos gets along splendidly stuff is new to this dex. Chaos used to fight each other all the time. Black Legion used to get

"hatred" toward many of the other chaos legions.

But you are right BT are kinda like the WB's of the Empire. Which means they could fall in much the same way.

Yeah, I remember the rules for different marks and all. Now its more like Chaos are all matey andwell... I think its all been said before.

I am not saying I am for or against a fallen crusade, and I hope to see some pics of it when done. If you have any background on the WB it could be worth basing elements of your Crusade on them.

Archived