Some questions about Ad. Mech.

Ghardek

For several months I listened to my friend talk about 40k and all it's armies, tales, and annals. For a long while I listened, then I bought the books, I read about it. Recently, I decided that I wanted to paint. My friend's older brother had an ork battleforce he didn't want, and was happy to give to me. I'm in the process of painting the ones he didnt, and it's great fun, but orks can get dull, and I'm a bit of a technophile myself, so Ad. Mech. has always drawn my interest. I was just idly searching for figurines and I came across the Skullz promotionals. That sparked my interest. I thought, 'Perhaps there ARE Ad. Mech. figures out there!' So I searched more, but found nothing. Until I came here.

Now, I ask, how do you 'create' Ad. Mech. units, like it seems you all do? Where do you obtain the templates for them? I apologize if this gets asked a lot, but I couldn't seem to find anything that helped me.

it depends really on how you want them to look

there is a good tutorial here for making some nice looking skitarii and there is some nice conversions here.

i have seen a few people use the micro art studios models but then i think you are restriced alot because most of the models in the army will look the same.

i have seen empire troops used as the basic bodies which can look really good with a little bit of work but i think you can be restricted a little by the pose if you use them.

personaly i use a mix of bits to make mine.

most of mine are built from fw chaos renegade bodies, empire flagellant legs, cadian arms and a few mutations from the new demonette sprues. i also have a few with cadian bodies and heads for a little variation.

if you wanted a loyal mechanicus then dont add the mutations and remove the chaos marks from the bodies.

for some simple machine cultists i have used empire flagellants with some guard guns.

Archived