Fallen Angels army ideas

GlauG

So, I was going through all my bits, and after a few select purchases I have enough CSM to field maybe three distinct 1000pt Chaos armies. However, the most appealing to me at the moment is to make the "dark side" counterpart to my Dark Angels: A Fallen Angels army. I want to build it from C:CSM so that it's got all the pre-heresy wargear, particularly the Reaper autocannon. However, I think I have enough Rogue Trader models to make it entirely out of classic minis, including Terminators and Rhinos. The idea would be to do them up in black with DA Green highlights, but maybe daub red Chaos logos over the chapter icon. However, one thing bugs me; technically, I couldn't have any Fallen with MK6 armour (Beakies) because that's a post-heresy design. What should I do? Give them MK-7 heads and pretend it's MK5 armour? I don't think the current heads are quite scaled right for the classic minis, but I'll have to check. The rough army build would be;

Sorcerer (Librarian)

2X Rhino-mounted 10-man squads with champions

4-man Terminator squad

3-man Terminator squad

Anyone have any "fluffy" ideas for why I'd have Beakies in the group? Or alternative mini/conversion ideas? Bearing in mind that I literally can't afford to buy anything new right now. :(

However, one thing bugs me; technically, I couldn't have any Fallen with MK6 armour (Beakies) because that's a post-heresy design.
Why not? they could have stolen a shipment of Mk 6, they could have scavenged Mk 6 pieces from slain enemies, they could have secured a deal with the Dark Mechanicus, who fabricated x sets of hybrid Mk 6 armor for them.

Alternatively, if you want to make your own Mk 5 and have any friends who play SM, you could try and trade for some Assault Marine torsos and do : this

It's very fluffy for Traitor Astartes to salvage armour off fallen foes and don it onto themselves... I remember reading in the codex CSM that those who are of higher rank tend to get better armour (either from bashing in some Loyal Astartes or killing their old commander and taking their armour)

Ah, I didn't express my intent as clearly as I could... The idea was that they'd look like they were "fresh out of the warpstorm", as it were, I want them un-spikied, so looted armour doesn't really seem to fit the image I had in my head... But thanks for the suggestions! I'll see if I can dig up one of the helmet mod tutorials.

Archived