Taking the Plunge

Ok basically i have deicded after soem help from a mate of mine to collect a Pre-Heresy Luna Wolves army

lead by no other than Garviel Loken (it was either him or Torgadon but i love Loken)

this is becuase i have little money and my planned guard army would just cost way tooooo much

the other option was Iron Warriors but they have a tricky colour scheme

now that point brings me neatly onto something i need to ask and that is what is the colour scheme for the Luna Wolves

becuase i have heard that they are grey with white, also that they are whtie with black

and as i have no idea which colour scheme they actually are i could do with some help

i mean i alwaus saw them as frost white like what Horus wears as his ornate armour

but the cover of Horus Rising says otherwise so does anyone have any ideas

my second query is what kind of army should i go for

i want to use the Tempus Fugative rules for Loken (and only him) becuase of his drop pod thing

and with the release of Planetstrike (and me having a rather shooty Sallies army, but has it's attacking power) i was thinking of making them attacky

eg. lots of drop pods

and then i could use 4 Stratgem points on:

Darken the Skies (Night Fighting, and -1 Ld to defending units)

Scorched Skies (2D6 + number of objetive firestrom hits, and -2 Ld to defending units)

and finally

Death From Above (every time Drop Pod lands 6'' from defending unit they must take a Ld test)

this all adds up to an entire deep striking army cuasing the enemy to take Ld tests everytime i land near them at -3 Ld

and on top of that they might not be able to hit me in the first turn

and then finally i can blast them to hell with and average of 11 Basilk shots

now that is sweet

do you think that would be feasable, of course i would make some tanks if at anypoint i played a normal game, just so i could take down some things at range

so thanks in advance

Athiair :blink:

welcome to the glory days of the Imperium brother :tu:

the Luna Wolves colour scheme is basically white (often described as pearl white) with black trim. the Justaerin terminators use black armour much like the legion does after the Heresy.

I hope this helped even a bit :D

That's an interpretation of the Sons of Horus colour scheme that came about after the Horus Heresy artwork books were published.

Luna Wolves were definately white. If you have a look through the old threads here in the horus heresy forum you'll find a bucket load of other people's miniatures painted in their colours for inspiration.

cheers guys thanks for the help :P

although unforunatly i am having second thoughts

it's not that i don't want to collect the Luna Wolves 10th Company

it's just doesn't it make sense to get an army in another gaming style before getting another 40K

espically a 40K army thats another marines

am i talking sense or am i just being me

Athiair :lol:

I am able to use the TF rules at my GW. I ask permission from the player first but they usually say yes as it is fun to play PH. My army isnt competitive either. I made it to look cool.

Archived