Sons of Malice short story "The Labyrinth"

The Sons of Malice worship

Malice.

Check out the new short-story in Heroes of the Space Marines for the 'retconned fluff'.

It seems like we finally have a new/old god on our hands. :P

Malice kinda struck me as more of a deamon than a god... I may be wrong but malice seemed more like the the deamin ancestors that warriors of chaos summoned ti seal pacts and the like. Malice may be Their chapter master who need sacrifices to "summon" their lord. Thats just the impression i got when i read the story

Malice!!?? they should've come up with a better name :D

True, but it could be what the SoM named him for their own purposes.

As far as being a greater daemon and not a Chaos god, we know that greater daemons are sentient "offspring" from their respective Chaos god. That begs the question if Malice is a greater daemon, who was his master/parent?

From the short story, I think its more likely that he is an actual Chaos god. Now whether he's a more minor god with a smaller following (which would explain his much more direct interaction) or he's equal to the other 4 but simply plays the game differently I'm not sure.

Brother Nihm: It caught my attention that he's listed as the god of terror. Seems like your Night Lords have a new best friend huh? ;)

Most likely a Greater Daemon.

And it doesn't have to be a Greater Daemon of the big 4, it's possible it get's it's main power from the very stuff of Chaos itself, from the pantheron. ;)

TDA

Well, according to the current Chaos Codex all greater daemons are undivided :lol: . Anyhow, it's obviously just a sloppily renamed Malal and as such is a minor god that hates the other gods. Honestly I never liked the idea, and I doubt Night Lords would worship him as NL hate the very idea of worship.

Anyhow, it's obviously just a sloppily renamed Malal and as such is a minor god that hates the other gods.

Hopefully he'll make a little more sense this time around. Having a Chaos God who decried personal gain was unplayably oxymoronic.

Anyhow, it's obviously just a sloppily renamed Malal and as such is a minor god that hates the other gods.

Hopefully he'll make a little more sense this time around. Having a Chaos God who decried personal gain was unplayably oxymoronic.

Thank you!

I'm a big fan of the Sons of Malice color scheme and parts of the background behing Malal/Malice but it seems that the more you dig into it, the more it becomes this logical riddle that you can't solve. A god that gets more powerful as his foes gain power and draws his power from the powerlessness of people?

Makes my head hurt... :D

However the idea of a god that even the big 4 are afraid of is what draws me to him.

• 4 weeks later...

I always really loved the idea behind Malal.

Think of the Assasin from Serenity. He strived for a perfect society, but to do so he saw the need to become a monster - the absolute antithesis of his idealised society, in order to do what he felt was needed.

In the same way, the followers of Malal fight against the forces of Chaos, but to ensure that they do so they become the very thing they hate. When vengance is all you care about, perhaps it doesn't matter what you need to become to claim it?

Maybe the warp pressence that assisted Sahaal in "Lord of the Night" was actually a daemon that the son'of malice worship? Or maybe since the short story was called "Labyrinth" the Sons of Malice really worship David Bowie, and they really like mazes.

Thank you!

I'm a big fan of the Sons of Malice color scheme and parts of the background behing Malal/Malice but it seems that the more you dig into it, the more it becomes this logical riddle that you can't solve. A god that gets more powerful as his foes gain power and draws his power from the powerlessness of people?

Makes my head hurt... :mellow:

However the idea of a god that even the big 4 are afraid of is what draws me to him.

Agreed.

Before deciding on Claws of Lorek/Red Corsairs, I was strongly considering Sons of Malice. I'll have to get this book to read that short story. My guys are not painted quite yet so I may be switching schemes.

"Labyrinth" the Sons of Malice really worship David Bowie

:lol:

Maybe the warp pressence that assisted Sahaal in "Lord of the Night" was actually a daemon that the son'of malice worship? Or maybe since the short story was called "Labyrinth" the Sons of Malice really worship David Bowie, and they really like mazes.

I dont think so I believe when sahal did ask for protection he just sent out a general call out into the warp. He was probably protected by an undivided daemon.

Just read it. The way the description reads for Malice I do not think he is a greater daemon. I think he is truly what Malal was. The outcast deity who hates all, including the 4.

Good read.

Archived